Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

Qt not found error on device

hi
    i am trying to install my qt apps in 5800 device that uses qt mobility api.

i copied the sis file in the device and open the file from device and on installation it gave me error "Qt component not found and still want to continue" and after pressing yes, app successfully installed but after that installed app cant be open.

So why this error "Qt not found" came?

Second when i connected my device in pc , Qt SDK still was saying symbian device not connect. So how i can connect my device to Qt Creater?

Step by step answer would be gr8 .

Thanks.

Dave.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

Super Contributor

Re: Qt not found error on device

The 5800 does not have built-in Qt support, nor does a Qt app automagically include Qt itself, either.

So, did you install Qt and Qt Mobility on the 5800 separately, or did you try to use the Smart Installer with your application so that the Smart Installer installs them? (I'm not sure if Smart Installer is supported on the 5800.)

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    The 5800 does not have built-in Qt support, nor does a Qt app automagically include Qt itself, either.

So, did you install Qt and Qt Mobility on the 5800 separately, or did you try to use the Smart Installer with your application so that the Smart Installer installs them? (I'm not sure if Smart Installer is supported on the 5800.)
    no didnt install qt on qt mobility on 5800. can you please tell me how i can do that? and also how i can use Smart installer ?

i copied the sis file of Smart Installer in the device and opened but it gave the error "Installtion faild"
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

Nokia Developer Moderator

The smart installer is not a product to be installed on a device, it is a tool that allows other applications to be installed when packaged together with it. Also, as a developer you don need (and probably don't want) to have Qt downloaded over the air to you phone when you already have it on your PC, in the SDK.

The qt files and other tools you may need on your phone (like the TRK debug agent use by Qt Creator to send the applications to the phone and run them there) are located in SDK's install directory. The default location should be c:\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\sis\

Your SDK's entry in Window's Start menu also contains shortcuts to these sis files.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Super Contributor

I'll admit that Nokia keeps moving the info around, but still there's no excuse for not having followed the Qt -- Getting started documentation which would have instructed you on how to install qt_installer.sis on your phone. (Unfortunately, it seems to omit mention of Mobility, though everyone seems determined to use it in their first project.)

Please, please, please -- do a simple "Hello world" project first, before attempting anything fancy. It makes it a lot easier to separate configuration problems from your coding errors.