×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1

    RnD tools - Filebrowser in RDA devices

    Hi

    is there any way to have RnD filebrowser available in RDA phones?

    t Markku

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    28,689

    Re: RnD tools - Filebrowser in RDA devices

    If you mean a file manager with AllFiles capability, my bet goes for a "No". RDA is supposed to provide more or less the same features what you would get from an ordinary device.

  3. #3
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: RnD tools - Filebrowser in RDA devices

    Quote Originally Posted by markku.penttila View Post
    Hi

    is there any way to have RnD filebrowser available in RDA phones?

    t Markku
    If you have a working sis file, you can install and use it. No rocket science.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  4. #4
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,561

    Re: RnD tools - Filebrowser in RDA devices

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    If you have a working sis file, you can install and use it. No rocket science.
    An independent developer won't legally have a Nokia R&D cert AllFiles signed SIS of the RnD filebrowser app to install, and it will also require R&D cers on the RDA device (not sure if RDA devices have only commercial certs or also Nokia R&D certs).

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: RnD tools - Filebrowser in RDA devices

    Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    An independent developer won't legally have a Nokia R&D cert AllFiles signed SIS of the RnD filebrowser app to install, and it will also require R&D cers on the RDA device (not sure if RDA devices have only commercial certs or also Nokia R&D certs).
    I don't think markku is an independent developer as he knows about RnD filebrowser.
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    28,689

    Re: RnD tools - Filebrowser in RDA devices

    If a Nokia employee starts deploying such tool on the open RDA service, he or she might become an independent developer after a while.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surat Thani
    Posts
    260

    Re: RnD tools - Filebrowser in RDA devices

    Quote Originally Posted by croozeus View Post
    I don't think markku is an independent developer as he knows about RnD filebrowser.
    Well, he could have checked the RnD tools wiki:
    http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/FileBrowser
    or even found it by looking at the Symbian source tree:
    http://developer.symbian.org/xref/os...s/filebrowser/

    Anyway, I find it very unlikely that such publicly accessable devices would have RnD certificates.

  8. #8
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    21.46 N 72.11 E
    Posts
    3,796

    Re: RnD tools - Filebrowser in RDA devices

    Quote Originally Posted by TongMuan View Post
    Well, he could have checked the RnD tools wiki:
    http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/FileBrowser
    or even found it by looking at the Symbian source tree:
    http://developer.symbian.org/xref/os...s/filebrowser/

    Anyway, I find it very unlikely that such publicly accessable devices would have RnD certificates.
    AAh


    .
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Similar Threads

  1. Questionnaire about RDA devices / firmware versions
    By bloodredsky in forum Feedback - Nokia Developer Services & Infrastructure
    Replies: 352
    Last Post: 2013-11-21, 17:24
  2. File browser from RnD tools
    By cyberd00d in forum Symbian Signed Support, Application Packaging and Distribution and Security
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2010-10-17, 14:30
  3. RDA request: 176x208 devices
    By ehudshapira in forum Feedback - Nokia Developer Services & Infrastructure
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2010-10-07, 17:28
  4. MachineId problem with RDA devices
    By amar_wagholikar in forum Symbian
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2010-08-25, 11:01
  5. [moved] connection to RDA devices
    By the_king2008 in forum Feedback - Nokia Developer Services & Infrastructure
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-04-27, 00:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×