Discussion Board

Exclamation Launching the specific browser by another process to visit a given address?

Hi all!
    My requirement is that I need to launch a browser , such as Opera or default browser in S60, to visit a given address,such as "www.facebook.com", in my app.

I know that I can use the api to launch the browser by using their UID.
    But , the key problem is , how I can let the browser I just launched visit the specific address which was specified in my app?

Thank you!

PS: in s60 3rd

Re: Launching the specific browser by another process to visit a given address?

Hello

You can use Browser Launcher API to do so. Here is the link which could help you: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...r_Launcher_API

- halderp

Thanks a lot!
    The article is about the default browser in s60.
    Can we have some way to do the same thing with browser published by other company? Such as Opera?

Nokia Developer Moderator

you would need to check the UID of that browser, and then test whether it is handling the command line same way.

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    you would need to check the UID of that browser, and then test whether it is handling the command line same way.
    Well , I am afraid that the browser-laucher API which just metioned don't have the parameter about UID.It only operate the default browser in symbian.
    And I try the "RApaLsSession's StartDocument()" method to lauch different browser by their UID.
    But how can I let them visit the specific web address after launching?
    Thank you!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Sorry about not checking the link.... Was just assuming that it was the wiki link to the article explaining on how to launch browser..

Hello

As Yucca suggested you need to check whether the non native Browser accepts Command Line Parameter so that you can pack the URL in command line parameters and launch the Browser using StartDocument or StartApp .

- halderp