Discussion Board

Unhappy How to make sales-campaing?

I tried to put my on paid content in the store to be free now. And the idea was to make it 1€ after one week.

But the change took over 3 weeks to show!

So how do you make one week perioid of sales with exact dates and without duplicate conent / lost comments ?
    This has happened for example Joiku had a sale perioid that endend on certain day. How is that done ?

Re: How to make sales-campaing?

Quote Originally Posted by juhauta View Post
    I tried to put my on paid content in the store to be free now. And the idea was to make it 1€ after one week.

But the change took over 3 weeks to show!

So how do you make one week perioid of sales with exact dates and without duplicate conent / lost comments ?
    This has happened for example Joiku had a sale perioid that endend on certain day. How is that done ?
    Hi!

I do really think that you should contact Ovi Store support. Only they could help you in this specific case, not forum nokia members

Super Contributor

Get in touch with publish.

However, as metadata changes always must be ACKd by the (currently overloaded) QA, running such promotions on Ovi can only be described as a bad idea...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Thank you for your suggestions.
    I've seen this couple of apps, like joikuspot. So it can be done somehow - but how ?
    Normal shops have had sales for ages and most of them are during spesific date..

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by juhauta View Post
    Thank you for your suggestions.
    I've seen this couple of apps, like joikuspot. So it can be done somehow - but how ?
    Normal shops have had sales for ages and most of them are during spesific date..
    This is done by Nokia getting in touch with you. AFAIK, there is no "Other way round"...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    My other blogs:

Hi,I don't know if it works but there is an input field on the Content Item Metadata form, its called "Start date for published content ". there you can enter a "wish" when you would be pleased your content to be published. Maybe you could try this when changing something like the pricing

BR

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by BernhardA View Post
    Hi,I don't know if it works but there is an input field on the Content Item Metadata form, its called "Start date for published content ". there you can enter a "wish" when you would be pleased your content to be published. Maybe you could try this when changing something like the pricing

BR
    Hello Bernhard,
    nice to see you here again. Sorry for being away so long.

The publish on date is a start date, when the item may not be sold before. E.g. I have an app called celebrate my Wife's new car, but she will not get the car before the 29th of February. Then I set this date as the publication start date, and the app will not be sold beforehand if it passes QA before.

However, this is NOT:
    x) A GUARANTEED date for the QA (so set it to tmrw does not mean that your app passes QA by tmrw)
    x) ANYTHING to do with a Nokia banner ad campaign
    My other blogs: