Discussion Board

Global Sign certificate

Hi there,

I developed an application for Nokia 2690 which usage some storage in memorycard. Now as usual when I try to access it using J2ME, it prompts user for approval. Now I know that I need to have certificate.
    After searching several CAs, I found that the Global Sign provides the cheapest certificate for individual in $69. I took in the list of CAs in my phone and found that Global Sign is supported by the phone.

Now I want to know that if I purchase the GlobalSign certificate, will it work for my phone.
    Please reply if anyone got success with this scenario.
    Or you can please suggest me that which CA provides cheapest code signing certificate and will also work for my Nokia 2690.

Vishal

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Global Sign certificate

Check the phone for which code signing root certificates are installed on the phone at the factory. If the root cert for GlobalSign is not there, then you can't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Check the phone for which code signing root certificates are installed on the phone at the factory. If the root cert for GlobalSign is not there, then you can't use it.
    Hi petrib,

My device have the root certificate installed for GlobalSign. I just wanted to be sure that whether will it work or not. That is why I stated as "Please reply if anyone got success with this scenario."

Thanks
    Vishal

Nokia Developer Champion

Check the usage of that certificate and you know for sure. However, if you go for the Ovi Store, you get an Java Verified signature for free. If that MIDlet is for personal use only, I would rather hack my phone.