Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question Qt Library for N8?

Hi, I know N8 is preinstalled with 4.6.3 Qt Library, I'm currently developing an application for N8 specifically, so I guess it would be better to download the 4.6.3 library and port it into Carbide C++ as my primary dev environment, however, I realized that all download page has been updated to Qt4.7, so can anyone provide a link to download the old Qt4.6.3 library for Carbide C++?

Chrs,
    w
    Nokia is back!

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Qt Library for N8?

hmmm its hard to get the Qt 4.6.3 symbian sdk then also make a check at the archives in the Qt Downlaods page, secondly why are you not using Nokia Qt Sdk it has everything integrated you dont need to download anything else.

Regards,

Regular Contributor

good question gaba88, simply because I can't use the TelephonyAPI by the native Mobility API, and I realise how hard to make a call in Qt.
    do you have any better idea?
    Nokia is back!

Super Contributor

Google for "qt-symbian-opensource-4.6.3.exe" for the Carbide-friendly version. Not sure what the all-in-one version is called.

Or go to ftp://ftp.qt.nokia.com/ and search for the package you want. Good luck there, though -- the directory arrangement is not particularly logical, and I'm not sure all versions are archived.

Super Contributor

(Actually, FreeBSD is probably a better source for the files. It contains more Symbian versions than the Nokia site.)

When you find what you want, be sure to make an archive copy of it, in case you have to rebuild your config some time in the future. Files that are available today are not guaranteed to be there tomorrow.