Discussion Board

Exclamation How to put NR(NON-removable) into PKG file and generate new sisx file at the same tim

Hello fellas,

I am enocuntering a serious problem about how to put NR flag into pkg file.

As our parters requested, we need put NRNR(NON-removable) into application sisx file, pkg file, may be can say, but I looked around on symbian offical website only found use statement InterpretSIS to install it into ROM with NR flag, more details about INterpretSIS see below link:

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...tSIS-statement

I am wondering whether have other ways to put NR into sisx file, no matter use any matters.

Actually there is a tough question to me, please help: whether statement InterpretSIS can be used to generate a new sisx file with NR flag by 3rd party developer? the answer just YES or NO.
    Actually i saw one answer on Symbian : InterpretSIS is a command-line tool used to install SIS files to a data drive image that can be flashed onto a device's system drive.

We need an exact answer.

Thanks a lot for any help, I will wait the answer on line.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to put NR(NON-removable) into PKG file and generate new sisx file at the same

Basically Wizard did gave you the answer already in the : http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...tSIS-statement

AFAIK, 3rd party developers doing normal sis file installation packages have really no easy options for making the application uninstallable, and as users can simply reset the device, they can efectively remove anything that was put in there. And of course anything on removable drives can easily be erased by formatting the card.

Depending on your use case, you could maybe search for older solutions (mainly workarounds) on how to prevent uninstallation from the normal application manager, it has been discussed plenty of times, and the earlier threads should give you ideas on how it could potentially be done. Though of course there is no 100% reliable way on preventing the uninstallation.

Re: How to put NR(NON-removable) into PKG file and generate new sisx file at the same

Thanks for your response. actually I do not care so much about how to make the app non-removeable, the question is our partner want us put NR flag into PKG file, our partner got this solution from Nokia guys, that's why we are sticking to the statement InterpetSIS that is posted on symbian website as the only solution to generate pakacge with NR. I am not agree with this soluiton implmented by us(the 3rd party developer) actually.

As I thought the urgency task is how to put NR into pkg file to meet out partner request. can you please give some clue on it?

thanks a million

If you got an technical advise from a Nokia person, then do ask for more instructions from that particular Nokia person.

Actually we had better do not do that, now only our partner can contact with Noka guys.

Our responsibility is to confirm whether can put NR falg into sis file, if can generate new sisx file with NR flag and provide to our partner. if can not implement it , we need evidence to our partner.

Below script from symbian developer website, it's seemed we can not do that., but the evidence..
    'The SIS files that are installed using the software installer cannot be configured to be non-removable. The SIS files that are preinstalled using InterpretSIS can be configured to be non-removable. '

http://developer.symbian.org/main/do...491832CB4.html

if your partner has internal contact, then please ask them to confirm the excat steps from the internal contact. AFAIK it is not doable, so better check the actual technical details of the proposed solutions from the person who came up with the idea.

Thanks a lot for your help. I will try more solution on it, thanks again.

We have solved this issue.

You just need to put NR into the pkg file and use the command MakeSis to generate the .sis file. the file have NR.

; Package header

#{"Package name"},(0x12345678),1,0,0,TYPE=SA,NR

“NR” in the .pkg file in order to allow the applications to be updated as “Non-Removable”.

note: the sis file with NR can not install in the device if that do have pre-installed application with NR. or will report error.