×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    51

    Message of connect to network, help please. :(

    Hello, I can remove the message "ALLOW APPLICATION <X> TO USE AND SEND OR RECEIVE DATA" that I get every time my application uses the network?. I do not ask that question and automatically connect to the network.

    I hope you can help me.

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Capital of INDIA
    Posts
    4,328

    Re: Message of connect to network, help please. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by erespia2 View Post
    Hello, I can remove the message "ALLOW APPLICATION <X> TO USE AND SEND OR RECEIVE DATA" that I get every time my application uses the network?. I do not ask that question and automatically connect to the network.

    I hope you can help me.
    The MIDP 2.0 specification defines an open-ended system of permissions. To make any type of network connection, a MIDlet must have an appropriate permission. For example, a MIDlet that uses HTTP to talk to a server must have permission to open an HTTP connection. The permissions defined in MIDP 2.0 correspond to network protocols, but the architecture allows optional APIs to define their own permissions.

    Each permission has a unique name; the MIDP 2.0 permissions are:

    * javax.microedition.io.Connector.http
    * javax.microedition.io.Connector.socket
    * javax.microedition.io.Connector.https
    * javax.microedition.io.Connector.ssl
    * javax.microedition.io.Connector.datagram
    * javax.microedition.io.Connector.serversocket
    * javax.microedition.io.Connector.datagramreceiver
    * javax.microedition.io.Connector.comm
    * javax.microedition.io.PushRegistry

    Permission names are not the same as class names, although they look similar. The javax.microedition.io.Connector.https, permission, for example, governs to a MIDlet's ability to make HTTPS connections using the javax.microedition.io.Connector class.

    MIDlets don't acquire permissions explicitly in code, but rather through something called a protection domain

    Yeah in case of the untrsutested MIDlet all the permissions are asked to the user, and getting your MIDlet as signed can get rid of the same.
    The purpose of signing a midlet is two-fold:

    1. to gain access to security-sensible operations on the phone (such as sending an SMS or opening a TCP connection)
    2. to make sure that a (malicious) third party can’t present a different midlet as the original one

    On the other hand, if you're feeling grumpy and deny the connection, Connector.open() throws a SecurityException. MIDlet are supposed to catches the exception and displays a message about it. All MIDlets should catch any SecurityExceptions thrown from network connections and handle them gracefully.
    Thanks with Regards,

    R a j - The K e r n e l


    Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    51

    Re: Message of connect to network, help please. :(

    My application is a client-server UDP, use UDPDatagramConnection class.

    By signing my application, I do not provably the message would come out?.

    As I can sign my j2me application for symbian?, I tried signing on as a normal java application 'javasigner', but the emulator does not accept it.

    I hope I can help.

    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Capital of INDIA
    Posts
    4,328

    Thumbs up Re: Message of connect to network, help please. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by erespia2 View Post
    My application is a client-server UDP, use UDPDatagramConnection class.

    By signing my application, I do not provably the message would come out?.

    As I can sign my j2me application for symbian?, I tried signing on as a normal java application 'javasigner', but the emulator does not accept it.

    I hope I can help.

    Thanks.
    I will recommend you that please come with the more clear degtails that you wanna ask...
    I am really affraid to give you any wrong to un correct reply,
    Thanks with Regards,

    R a j - The K e r n e l


    Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    51

    Re: Message of connect to network, help please. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by raj_J2ME View Post
    I will recommend you that please come with the more clear degtails that you wanna ask...
    I am really affraid to give you any wrong to un correct reply,
    And solved my problem for the emulator, but now the test on a
    real phone, still gives me the same problems as before in the
    emulator, and I think it can be for not having signed the application j2me,
    symbian. Keeps asking me constantly if I give permission to
    application to use the network.

    I know how you can sign the application for free, for
    try not to commercialize it.

    Thanks for answering and I hope you understand my problem.

  6. #6
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Capital of INDIA
    Posts
    4,328

    Re: Message of connect to network, help please. :(

    Quote Originally Posted by erespia2 View Post
    Keeps asking me constantly if I give permission to
    application to use the network.

    I know how you can sign the application for free, for
    try not to commercialize it.

    Thanks for answering and I hope you understand my problem.
    1. This will ask the permission, until and unless the app is get signed from the third party trusted certificate. I will recommend that you get you app as signed and then edit the app setting ask once/always allowed.

    2. There is nothing called as free signing to get rid of the security permission,
    Thanks with Regards,

    R a j - The K e r n e l


    Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Similar Threads

  1. How to connect to network?
    By JTOne in forum Symbian Networking & Messaging (Closed)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2007-10-27, 13:29
  2. connect to network failed?
    By jimever in forum Mobile Java Networking & Messaging & Security
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-03-29, 19:23
  3. Why not connect the gprs network?
    By ld_road in forum Symbian Networking & Messaging (Closed)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2005-03-10, 09:14
  4. Help me connect emulator to network
    By abovesun in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-02-25, 14:05
  5. Help me connect emulator to network
    By abovesun in forum Symbian Networking & Messaging (Closed)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2004-02-25, 09:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×