Discussion Board

Question notifications mysterious number (n900)

Hi,

I have a problem with system notifications on n900. When notification balloon is placed to the task switcher (see screenshot on the right), there is a big number "1" to the right of the icon. The problem is - I don't know how to change this number, it is always "1". Help me please, i can't find any proper information.

Question How to change mysterious number in notification (n900)

Hi,

Help me please! I don't know how to change the number shown on the right screenshot. When i create notification through libnotify, it's displayed in the task switcher, but with strange number beside the icon.
    I cannot find any information about how to change this number.

Re: How to change mysterious number in notification (n900)

I've attached screenshot, but it should be checked by moderators. Waiting for them..
    This is the link to this screen: r8g.ru/upload_image/41059fb870708d0c6734d473f5e7edbe.JPG
    I need to solve the problem as fast as possible. Thanks.

Super Contributor

Wouldn't that be the number for new/unread messages received in the Inbox/Conversations app on the N900?

When you say you want to "change" it, what do you mean? If it is the number if new/unread messages, you can "change" it by reading the messages (the number gets smaller), or sending new messages (the number gets bigger). Or do you want to change the typeface/font or its colour, or the size (make the font bigger or smaller), or what?

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Wouldn't that be the number for new/unread messages received in the Inbox/Conversations app on the N900?

When you say you want to "change" it, what do you mean? If it is the number if new/unread messages, you can "change" it by reading the messages (the number gets smaller), or sending new messages (the number gets bigger). Or do you want to change the typeface/font or its colour, or the size (make the font bigger or smaller), or what?
    I'm developing mail application for our customer. One of requirements is to show balloon notification for new mail received (it should be the same look and feel as the standart new mail notification).
    So I've found API to display system notification - http://maemoide.nokia.com/fremantle/...ify/index.html. This API provides functions to set icon, title and body of notification. But i cannot find any way to change value of the number on the screenshot.
    Possible this number can be setted by notify_notification_set_hint_int32()?

Have anyone any ideas how to set this number? Built-in mail application uses it to display new messages count. It is changeable.