Discussion Board

Thread: C7 question

C7 question

Hi,

I read in several articles that the Nokia C7 has a NFC chip which will be activated by a firmware update in 2011. Is there a beta firmware for developers available with which I can activate the chip now? And what kind of SDK has to be used to develop apps for it, the same as for the 6131 and 6212 or will there be a special one?

Thanks in advance!
    Best wishes, Chris

Re: C7 question

Hi,

I'm interested in getting an answer to the same question. Have you found out any further information, or are you still waiting for a reply?

Regards
    Rich

Super Contributor

Hi,
    If I remember correct, Symbian^3 SDK version 1.0 will support NFC development. You might need to install NFC libraries as a plug-in to the SDK. I don't remember exactly when it is coming out.

Hi,

You can use NFC in yours mobiles NFC, because I can not use it. What can I do to enable NFC in my mobile phone C7.

Thanks.
    Pilar.

Super Contributor

By default it is ON, You can go to settings -> connectivity and see if there is any options there, In Nokia probably NFC's trade name is Tippit or something like this. You can put it on /off there. Now Nokia is providing Symbian SDK for NFC development but new Qt mobility is coming as part of 1.2

Hi,

Thanks Mahbub, but my problem is that my nokia C7 dont have activate NFC chip. I need some update, exactly the "generic SO with PR2". Nokia posts that will available this update for yours C7 at the begining of 2011, but anyone in Spain could help me with this update.

My questios is about some update available for nokia c7 software. We was working with NFC for years with 6212 and 6131. Now, we want begin to use C7 but, NFC is not available.

Thanks.
    Pilar.

Hi guys,

Got my shipment of C7 phone , However I am not being able to play around with its NFC features. although the Phone can detect tags and says undefined format.
    I tried my apps developed for Nokia 6131 which simply read the ID of a mifare but in vain.

Please suggest me if any of you get a breakthrough.

Regards
    Dush..

Super Contributor

Are you developing app with Symbian C++ or Java ME?
    What kinds of tag you are reading and sp? Can you try with other devices to read it?

Hello
    I have the same problem with my French C7. I know that operators block the NFC upgrade but I would very like to unlock my NFC chip. Do anyone know how to download the Nokia Software in order to unlock my C7 ?

Thanks !
    Antoine

Nokia Developer Moderator

There has been no official communication from Nokia about any Symbian powered smartphones having now, or in the future, NFC support. Once such announcement will be made, if ever, it will include details about SDKs and tools.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

There has been demonstrations of the C7-00 with PR2.0 installed which has enabled the NFC chip. thjis was available temporarily for download and also T-mobile USA are shipping the C7-00 with the chip activated as per the recent Developer Newsletter. Does anyone know when we will be able to download the update as it clearly works and is in distribution.

hello guys,
    any news about the firmware update or the SDK ?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Should there be any announcement to be made, it will be on forum.nokia.com's main page and in the newsletter. Make sure to subscribe to the later and also to the RSS feeds Forum Nokia provides
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite