Discussion Board

Nokia C3 (6th Edition series 40 ) Out of Memory Issue of Java Enterprise Application

Hi All,
    In Nokia C3 (6th Edition series 40 ) have some memory issue when application use with some stress testing. Although in lower series 40 Edition handsets are working properly with same application.

Please tell me any one what's problem with new Nokia 6th edition mobiles ?

Super Contributor

Re: Nokia C3 (6th Edition series 40 ) Out of Memory Issue of Java Enterprise Applicat

Uhhh..... you got to provide more details.

<rant on>This is like calling the mechanic and saying that "my car does not move, can you tell me what's wrong with it"

Please debug your application more and add more details in here. What is the memory issue? What is your app doing when the problem occurs?
    The more details you provide the better chance you have to get a good answer. But please do not send all your code in here, as no-one will have time to go through that. Specific pieces of code are fine.
    <rant off>

Hartti

Re: Nokia C3 (6th Edition series 40 ) Out of Memory Issue of Java Enterprise Applicat

Sorry about the brief request - here's a more detailed description. I know that even this is not sufficient, but I desperately need pointers to see where to look, based on whats changed on 6th Edition series 40.....
    I have an application that has multiple threads running that manage the UI, do web services and other activities. I've been able to run this app successfully in the 5th Edition. When I moved this app to Nokia C3 running 6th Edition series 40, I've started getting "Out of Memory" exceptions at random points.
    Queries:
    1) Have there been any change in the JVM in how the heap is made available to the app?
    2) Is there any way of finding out (logs/dumps) on which thread took the additional memory (since my app is running on previous versions, I've been assuming its not my app)

I need any pointers or help that could help me debug this issue - I'm assuming that either there is a bug in my app that is getting uncovered due to my move to 6th Edition series 40 OR something has changed in the 6th Edition series 40...

Super Contributor

I do not know of any major changes which might have caused this, but lately I have not been following the VM on Series 40 very closely. The Heap size seems to be the same as in the devices in Series 40 5th Edition so that should not be the problem... hmmm...
    can you give a few examples of the devices you were able to run your MIDlet successfully?

Hartti

devices are Nokia 2700 and Nokia 7210.

Devices tested successfully are Nokia 2700 and Nokia 7210

Super Contributor

Thanks, hmmm...

I have to point this thread to a couple of ex-colleagues of mine, who might have access to some relevant internal documentation. I did not find anything relevant in the external documentation... Sorry.

Hartti