Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Help with some undefined symbols

As i have hinted in other threads i am updating the php from PAMP stack. It had php 5.2.2 and i want to port 5.2.14. I must say. I AM THERE, but i get some very bad errors i have no idea how to fix.

Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol php_pcre_exec (referred from php_pcre.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol php_pcre_fullinfo (referred from php_pcre.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol php_pcre_free (referred from php_pcre.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol php_pcre_get_substring_list (referred from php_pcre.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol php_pcre_study (referred from php_pcre.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol php_pcre_compile (referred from php_pcre.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol php_pcre_maketables (referred from php_pcre.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol php_pcre_info (referred from php_pcre.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol php_pcre_version (referred from php_pcre.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol gd_module_entry (referred from internal_functions.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol flock (referred from plain_wrapper.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol get_token_type_name (referred from tokenizer.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol tokenizer_register_constants (referred from tokenizer.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol php_dom_create_object (referred from xsltprocessor.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol dom_node_class_entry (referred from xsltprocessor.o).
    Error: L6218E: Undefined symbol dom_object_get_node (referred from xsltprocessor.o).
    Not enough information to list image symbols.
    Finished: 1 information, 0 warning and 16 error messages.
    make[1]: *** [\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\epoc32\release\ARMV5\urel\httpd22-mod_php.so] Error 1
    make: *** [TARGETMOD_PHP] Error 2
    make -r -f "\Symbian\9.2\S60_3rd_FP1\EPOC32\BUILD\PAMP\php-5.2.14\symbian\group\ARMV5.make" FINAL CFG=UREL VERBOSE=-s
    Once i fix these errors i will be able to get the php mod dll and i will have ported php, but like i said i have no idea why i get them.
    Firsty, all these functions have BEEN defined in php(i doubt php makers would make a mistake). Secondly, php 5.2.2(original port) does not have these errors.

Please help...wizard_hu, someone. I am so close!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Help with some undefined symbols

"Symbols" are usually functions/methods, sometimes global/static variables. Undefined means that either they have no definition (just declared somewhere, perhaps in a header file), or the file containing the definition is just not part of the build (in Symbian it is easy to forget putting references of .c/.cpp/.lib files in the .mmp).
    When changing to a different version of some 3rd party library, there is also a chance for that it has been re-organized, and some functions have been renamed or removed completely. There may be a version history describing what has happened.
    These are rather characteristic names, if you search for (say) php_pcre_get_substring_list in your entire project, you will not get false hits, so you can easily check if these methods exist somewhere or not. Also check where they existed in the older release, and what happened with the containing file(s) in the new version.

Regular Contributor

Thanks I was able to resolve all of the errors and php 5.2.14 was compiled and a dll(so in my case) file was created. However....after attempting to start apache it gets terminated ifi try to use php 5.2.14...
    Now i have to wonder with no clues what it wrong...

I use IDA Pro debugger and use that to debug, but all i see is "Process has exited(exit code 1". Man, so much work to figure out what is wrong

Nokia Developer Moderator

You should get the panic code, http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ded_panic_code, it is available on both the devices and the emulators.

Regular Contributor

No panic code really. The problem is in the DLL file, but i have no idea what it is. I am wondering if it is Apache's fault, but that is highly doubtful. Any other way to debug a DLL?