Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Email send to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com

I have sent several emails to apply the Nokia assigned UIDS,but no response!
    Why?
    Too busy?

Regular Contributor

Re: Email send to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com

I get my ids the very next day with cerificate and key files. Did you mention your publisher id ?and if you are sending for first time, did you sign the agreement which was sent earlier to you?
    Blog: http://nmamobiles.byethost2.com/blog

the truth is yes!
    I mention my publish account name and signed the copy!
    All sent ,but no reply!

Regular Contributor

May be others who faced the problem can share their experience & reason for delay. One more question just to be sure - did you send the test device IMEIs-?
    To tell you the truth, I was surprised by the fast response from ovipublish team in allotting UID. The general format of my email to them is:
    Hi,

I am planning to publish 1 Qt and 1 Symbian (Non-Qt) app. Please send uids for testing.Details required are given below:

* Company Name:
    * Ovi Publish user account login name:
    * IMEI numbers from development device: 3541820261xxxx, 3526840400xxxx , 35268404009xxx and 35375504003xxxx

Thanks in advance.
    Blog: http://nmamobiles.byethost2.com/blog

I have not had a response from publishtoovi.support@nokia.com in over a month... I just sent another mail to them last night about the first few that had no response, I am not holding my breath for a response from that one either.........
    Its incredibly frustrating!
    Its one thing not to have the staff to keep up with Qa but its another not to respond to customer emails.... And why not put a note up in the publisher tool letting the publishers know that they are back logged and the 8 day throughput is more like a month? There seems to be no regard or respect for the developers on OVI...
    I signed and released a symbian app on Monday and it is already up and published on the 3 app stores I use besides OVI. With ovi I cant even get a response to emails in that amount of time (if ever) let alone getting an app published....
    Mismanagement at its finest...
    Cheers,
    Jon

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Jon,

If you still have not had a reply contact me.

Ron

Hi Ron,
    I have not had a response to any of the emails at the time of this posting....
    They did however publish one of the apps I was waiting for yesterday.
    I would still like the questions I asked in the emails I sent answered though, especially since the the app thats been in QA since November 28th may get rejected due to the issue with their smart installer and now the new meta data requirement. It may not be an issue but I am afraid to touch the item in fear of it resetting the entire QA process. If they could just confirm my questions I will know if I need to alter the submitted sis and resign it (at a cost of 20 Euros) or if I can wait untill its published and then add the meta data and/or new smart installer as required...
    If you can get them to respond I would very much appreciate it!
    Thank you for your concern!
    Sincerely,
    Jon Heron

Super Contributor

Hi Jon,
    unfortunately, I fear that you will need to resign them to use the new smart installer.

However, cost in this case should be lower as you can reuse the inner SIS file and just need to resign the wrapper (for which, you IMHO can use Nokia signed as the UID of wrapper is assigned by Nokia).

I am currently in a similar hell, and will report more on my Wiki article as it processes.

Tam
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Thanks Tam!
    I have the same fear, however it would be nice to hear it from the horses mouth before resetting the QA process which will pretty much guarantee no release by Christmas...
    [sarcasm] Unless of course the maintenance today is to help speed up the process and make things easier on the developer... [/sarcasm]
    Good point about the signing, it will only cost 10 Euro to just re-wrap the app sis. Hopefully, if I do need the new installer, QA will still evaluate my app.sis. I can see me resigning and resubmitting it only to have QA reject it due to some other issue unknown to me, this has happened to me before...
    Where can I find your wiki article?
    Cheers,
    Jon

Super Contributor

Hi Jon,
    it is still very much WIP, but it is here:
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...h_Nokia_Signed

Tam
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    My other blogs:

Thanks Tam!
    I got a response from OVI support to my last email asking if my sis will pass QA without the new smart installer, since it was submitted before the latest smart installer release. However they did not answer my question... They just sent me the contract and a suggestion to use their new free signing option...
    Has anyone had any success with Qt apps getting published with the previous smart installer?
    Cheers,
    Jon

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Heron View Post
    Thanks Tam!
    I got a response from OVI support to my last email asking if my sis will pass QA without the new smart installer, since it was submitted before the latest smart installer release. However they did not answer my question... They just sent me the contract and a suggestion to use their new free signing option...
    Has anyone had any success with Qt apps getting published with the previous smart installer?
    Cheers,
    Jon
    Hi Jon,
    I fear that this will not be possible.

Do you have existing customers on the product? If not, why release with the old UID?
    My other blogs:

Thanks again Tam.
    Can you confirm that they are going to fail it?
    The issue for me is that I am getting ripped off by OVI for my signing money to Symbian signed.
    I think it is great that OVI wants to offer free signing for its store, however the free signing option is pointless for me. The majority of my sales are from stores other then OVI, this makes their free signing option a mute point to me...
    I would also prefer to keep the UID the same for my app[s] across all stores for obvious reasons.
    I believe OVI should compensate me for the 10Euros needed to re-wrap my sis since I submitted it days before they released the new smart installer. My app has no dependencies and does not use the Qt mobility API's and the prior smart installer works fine with it, they will be delaying my app past Christmas as well as costing me 10 Euro for NO GOOD REASON. Its making me insane! (not that I was not half way there already!) Above all that its not like Nokia doesn't own Symbian signed and I am sure they could easily give me a credit.
    I feel I was ripped off 20 Euro on another app by OVI for pointless reasons as I posted in another thread... Its getting to be too much....
    I also signed up before the free signing and 1 Euro OVI sign up so I dont have to explain to you how much I have invested already, and I still haven't broke even....
    I dont mean to be a sour puss but its getting to be ridiculous....
    OVI needs to get their priority's right before all lose hope.... This new meta data fiasco has likely delayed any apps in the queue until after the new years anyways....
    Best regards,
    Jon Heron

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Heron View Post
    Thanks again Tam.

I would also prefer to keep the UID the same for my app[s] across all stores for obvious reasons.
    I believe OVI should compensate me for the 10Euros needed to re-wrap my sis since I submitted it days before they released the new smart installer. My app has no dependencies and does not use the Qt mobility API's and the prior smart installer works fine with it, they will be delaying my app past Christmas as well as costing me 10 Euro for NO GOOD REASON. Its making me insane! (not that I was not half way there already!) Above all that its not like Nokia doesn't own Symbian signed and I am sure they could easily give me a credit.
    I feel I was ripped off 20 Euro on another app by OVI for pointless reasons as I posted in another thread... Its getting to be too much....
    I also signed up before the free signing and 1 Euro OVI sign up so I dont have to explain to you how much I have invested already, and I still haven't broke even....

Jon Heron
    Hi,
    maybe you can send an email to them explaining the situation, and then they would maybe accept it. I am not sure, as I am not a QA man (or even a Nokia employee) I cannot say much except that I feel your pain.

On the other hand, maybe you can get the blanket distro permit from them under these circumstances...
    My other blogs:

I did send them a note but they ignored the questions and just sent me their free signing contract...
    Ahh well....
    Out of curiosity what is a "blanket distro permit "?
    Cheers,
    Jon