Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Free Signing - Magic Formula?

OviJude,

I fully understand that you guys are swamped, and that that is not the fault of any individual OviPerson. What I really cannot understand is why Ovi Publishing is generating completely unnecessary work for you and for us publishers by failing to be precise in your requirements.

Take a look at the Ovi Publisher Welcome page. Does that make any reference to to Symbian or Java signing? It does not. It simply asks publishers to send company name, publisher id and test IMEIs to PublishToOvi.Support. And even that is incorrect. Test IMEIs should be returned with the signed Terms & Conditions, they are not required to request the T&C. Could that text be amended to read "Send an email with the subject 'Free Symbian Signing'..." Or is that asking too much?

It took me three weeks to obtain the T&C. Why is it not available as a download? Then only one email would be required to set up free signing, saving you and us a great deal of time and trouble.

And you get this far, what rubbish email system is it you are using that does not include the text of the email being replied to in a reply? That's basically a bug, right? Once I have sent more than one email, how am I supposed to know which one you are replying too? Every email system in the world can do 'reply', but not yours, apparently.

As I say, not your personal fault OviJude, but your management has some scope for improvement.

Ray
    Last edited by rayrandom; 2010-12-15 at 06:12. Reason: correction

I owe you half an apology, OviJude, as I see the T&C is available as a download at the link you provide. I say half, as I was quite specifically told I needed to request it from publisher support by my local Nokia people.

Ray

PS Thinking about it, I see this thread has come a full circle. There is a magic formula, and that is, the subject of the email must be "Free Symbian Signing".
    Last edited by rayrandom; 2010-12-15 at 05:08. Reason: Add PS

I have today received confirmation from publisher support of something I have suspected for some time, that some of my emails are being received corrupted. Had publisher support followed normal practice and included the original email in the reply, I could have identified and tried to do something about this weeks ago.

Needless to say, the email is correct in my sent folder and forwards without difficulty. I have switched to using Ovi Mail to communicate with publisher support, but frankly, I'm not about to email Microsoft and tell them Hotmail doesn't work.

Please, for the love of mercy, publisher support, buy a professional support desk email system.
    Last edited by rayrandom; 2010-12-15 at 07:53. Reason: spelling

I have now received my live UID3s, so to conclude this thread, it is acceptable to return the signed Terms And Conditions as six png files, one per page, zipped together for convenience.