Discussion Board

How to protect flash lite content when publishing?

Hi all, I would like to publish a flash lite application on Ovi and I've made some tests with the Nokia online packager. I've noticed that once the .sis is installed on the handset, the .swf is unpacked and placed in a folder on the phone and thus it becomes possible for the user to copy or decompile the content.

Can you provide some suggestion on how to protect the content when distributing on Ovi store?

I've seen a nice tutorial from Alessandro on OMA DRM protection. Does this method cover all potential right protection threats? Is it applicable when publishing on Ovi and can it be used with the online packager?

Re: How to protect flash lite content when publishing?

Quote Originally Posted by lino9898 View Post
    Hi all, I would like to publish a flash lite application on Ovi and I've made some tests with the Nokia online packager. I've noticed that once the .sis is installed on the handset, the .swf is unpacked and placed in a folder on the phone and thus it becomes possible for the user to copy or decompile the content.

Can you provide some suggestion on how to protect the content when distributing on Ovi store?

I've seen a nice tutorial from Alessandro on OMA DRM protection. Does this method cover all potential right protection threats? Is it applicable when publishing on Ovi and can it be used with the online packager?
    OMA DRM is for content like music. When someone distributes flash swf files via website how do you protect it from getting decompiled. I think you can obfuscate it to certain extent. But then any one can always open the sis file and get your flash file and try decompiling it.

How did you package it? The Nokia online packager you talk about where is it? I have a flash lite app that uses device capabilities (accelerometer) and don't know how to package it.
    Can you tell me how you did it?
    Thanks

Pam

Nokia Developer Champion

Ciao,

here is the online packager:
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/Develop/O...es/Flash_lite/

Alessandro

Hi again, I've found some actionscript obfuscators and took the Amayeta SWF Encript (they offer the 4.0 version for free on http://www.amayeta.com/promo/mag/ ).

Now it would be nice to have the swf installed in a folder that is hided or unaccessible to the phone user.
    Does someone know if this can be achieved with the nokia online packager or with similar tools?

Thanks,
    Lino

It's not working, the link to the .sis file does not work, I can put the option to download the source but I'm not sure how I can get the packaged file with all the sources.

Hi, are you sure you want the source files? If you only need the .sis file in order to be able to install your content, you can leave the source code option unchecked.

Once you have completed the form, you should click on the "Create .sis package button" and you will be sent to a page with a big link from wich you can download the .zip archive containing the .sis files you need.

Best,
    Lino

Yes I know, that's what's not working right now, that link that gives you with the big uid is dead, takes me to a not found page, is there any other way to package the swf into a sis?

Last edited by farzad; 2011-01-19 at 07:16.

hello everyone. I am new here. can someone guide me? thanks a lot.

Nokia Developer Champion

Hi rox_ellis17,
    Welcome to the Flash Lite dibo! Please, let us know in detail what is the problem or issue you are facing in your development.

Best Regards,
    SajiSoft