Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

OVI should seriously be concerned about QA delays

Hello,

My application has been 10 days in QA, the file is still pending.
    Now some may say "only 10 days"?!?
    All I know is that at the time I registered as a publisher, the cost was 50 euros, and from my experience things were working fine (QA review done in a week).
    I know that OVI is flooded with submissions, but they made changes to their publishing policy (open to individual developers, 1 euro registration, free signing) and should be able to handle the consequences.

Now it's been 10 days, and being still "pending" I can easily see it coming to two weeks (if not more).

I think most people would be willing to accept delays, provided that they get informed, and reassured that their submission is not being forgotten, and most of all provided they get a response when enquiring about the situation by email, which is not the case at the moment.

Please Nokia, consider that my current disatisfaction is shared my many. I hope you can do something about it.

Thank you.

Re: OVI should seriously be concerned about QA delays

hehehe, considering the latest happening around delays, you should really start complaining after 40 day of delay and not before. frustrating, I know.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by 3fs View Post
    hehehe, considering the latest happening around delays, you should really start complaining after 40 day of delay and not before. frustrating, I know.
    10 days seems about right to complain, considering that nowhere you are told what kind of delays you should be expecting. Beside the file is still "pending", so it has not even started.
    Most of all, I'm asking OVI to show some consideration, again, I can accept delays if I can have an idea of the situation, how long I should expect for the file to start being tested, and generally feel they are at least concerned about it.

Be prepared for further delays due to no fault of your own... Did you see the note about the new meta data for apps in the bulletin today?
    OVI PUBLISH TECHNICAL BULLETIN

New Metadata Introduction in Next Release of Ovi Publish May Create “Limbo Effect”

If your content is submitted to QA prior to this release, but not evaluated prior to tomorrow's release, the content item will fail due to missing metadata.
    So that is going to deep six my latest app thats been in QA since November 28th, I was hoping to get it out before Christmas....
    Also If your app is Qt based and you already paid to have it Symbian signed but it is not yet published you may be out another 20 Euros according to this note;
    If you have previously published a Smart Installer-enabled app, please submit an updated package as soon as possible to ensure an improved user experience.
    Regarding the new smart installer wrapper.
    I have sent a note to OVI support asking if this will cause me to have to resign my app with the new smart installer or if they would pass my sis with the existing one, of course OVI has not responded to my questions so who really knows?????
    Cheers,
    Jon

Regular Contributor

Yes I've read the bulletin about new metadata. However I understand that it only concerns the content item, and not the file, in my case the item has passed, only the file is pending, so I should not have to update and resubmit, but I may be wrong, that's why I have sent an email to OVI support for confirmation.
    If your item has passed already, you are in the same situation (but I don't know about Qt).

What strikes me is that it is only in the last two weeks or so that I am not getting responses to my emails (basically since I submitted my last app), before that it was fine.

However I understand that it only concerns the content item, and not the file, in my case the item has passed, only the file is pending, so I should not have to update and resubmit, but I may be wrong, that's why I have sent an email to OVI support for confirmation.
    If your item has passed already, you are in the same situation (but I don't know about Qt).
    Yes I am in the same situation, it says the content is passed but the file is pending... I can only hope it gets published, as my app is a Qt app the new smart installer may need to be added but I can not get any answer so I am just waiting to see what happens....
    I tested the app with the last smart installer on ALL supported devices over the RDA with success but who knows if QA will except it with out their new installer....
    Jon

Super Contributor

Hi Jon,
    as said in the other thread, unfortunately, I fear that you will need to resign them to use the new smart installer.

However, cost in this case should be lower as you can reuse the inner SIS file and just need to resign the wrapper (for which, you IMHO can use Nokia signed as the UID of wrapper is assigned by Nokia).

I am currently in a similar hell, and will report more on my Wiki article as it processes.

Tam
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog