Discussion Board

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

At first I too was disappointed at the fact that the QA-process took much longer than 6-8 days. If I program 5 games next year, all of them will get published (assumig that everything that should be is ok). The longer QA-process does not effect on my programming or my time tables. There is only on couple of weeks offset between submission and publishing. Why is it so important that your apps gets published in 6-8 days and not in 30 days (I understand the exception in seasonal apps, but in general). You can start working on next project once you submit your app. The sales are not that huge that anybodys life is going to flip around from 3 weeks sales.

Are we forgetting that Nokia is doing us I huge favourite by letting us publish with out any initial expences (ok, 1€). I feel sorry for the QA-people who are working their butt off (FOR US) because bosses are lurking behind shoulders due to the complaints. I believe that they are taking steps towards faster QA-process but adjusting to changing situations takes time in large companies.

Ok, start throwing your stones

Regular Contributor

Re: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

About QA. I've said before that I understand that there can be delays. I am more annoyed by the fact that emails to OVI Publish support team are completely ignored (whether it is asking about QA or any other matter).
    As for the timing, I understand that it may not matter in your case, but take a game that has been announced and which preview has been featured on several mobile game websites, then it does matter. Also, if there is any kind of promotion/advertising prior to the release, it does matter a lot. And generally, the more people involved in the project (paid people), the more it matters to have downloads starting as scheduled.

Bring on the stones!

Re: Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

Valid points, guess you should keep the delay in mind and plan the moves accordingly. Are you serious about beeing able to pay programmers with the income that one aplication creates in 2-3 weeks? I have to start advertising Anyway, thanks for your pov...
    Last edited by jetrix74; 2010-12-10 at 18:12.