Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Can you help me understand why it does not run?

So, i have been wondering and wondering and decided to ask.

I recently compiled php 5.2.14 for Symbian. I thought it would run, but it does not. Apache refuses to load it. I thought the problem was with php 5.2.14, but i tried 5.2.2 just in case.
    It also does not run, but the one Johan Wikman compiled runs perfectly. Where could the problem be?

I tried compiling with both S60v3 Fp1 and FP2 sdk, but same thing happens. No panic code, just..apache crashes. But when i put the php module johan wikman compiled it works perfectly. Why does this happen?
    We both use the armv5 compiler yet his compiled php works, mine does not.

Can someone please help?

P.S
    Once i run php 5.2.14 i am releasing it to the public and then will be aiming for 5.3.X ;)

P.S
    The reason i have posted this thread here, is because i think it may be sdk/compiler related(although i am not sure)
    Last edited by farmdve; 2010-12-11 at 23:37.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Can you help me understand why it does not run?

While Johan Wikman may have some tips and tricks to share, nobody else can really make any comments regarding the project, without having worked on the same code. You will have to do some debugging and isolate the code where the crash happens. As for the panic code, there is always one. Use the Extended panic code trick or Dr Jukka's Crash Monitor and you will see it.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

I am currently not sure how to do that...what i mean is that when compiling for winscw it requires Code Warrior, i went to download it, but i can't choose from the many versions. Also, i installed Errd.sis and it gives me no info on why Apache crashes. I tried Y-Browser's crash monitor and it says:
    !Flogger Sever
    Kill: 0,Kill

Main
    Kill, 1,Kill

!Flogger Sever
    Kill: 0,Kill

And nothing more than that.

Apache creates a log saying why it crashed- it can't load the php module. In the end, it is php's fault and i have no way of debugging a DLL

Farmdve: Do not download CodeWarrior, instead run "Configure environment for WINSCW command line" from the Start Menu (Nokia/Carbide.c++), if you have problems with command line winscw builds.

Tpatja: The StackOverflow link is nice, but I do not see it solving the problem. Farmdve was suggested to enable the panic codes a long time ago, and I tend to believe that he did that. Just it does not work for some reason.
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2010-12-12 at 16:26.

wizard_hu: Sorry, was just trying to help and keep things in one place as this is a cross-post.

If there is no panic at Apache startup, Apache is most likely using RLibrary::Load to load the modules and the PHP DLL is not binary compatible or has missing capabilities. Or could be something else.

Regular Contributor

I ran "Configure environment for WINSCW command line" and it configured the environment, but upon invoking "abld build winscw" i get

Code:
      make -r  -f "\Symbian\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1_2\EPOC32\BUILD\pamp2\php-5.2.2\symbian\group\WINSCW.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    perl -S makmake.pl  -D \pamp2\php-5.2.2\symbian\group\PHP_TSRM WINSCW
    ERROR: Unable to identify a valid CodeWarrior for Symbian OS installation
    Also, the difference between the php from Mr. Johan Wikman and mine is only 600 bytes.

And i have searched through Apache's code for the word "RLibrary" and found no occurrences, so most probably it does not use RLibary.

Also, i used whatever was in the SVN release of php 5.2.2 from sourceforge without chaning absolutely anything yet the result is different(about 600 bytes)

Also, yes that was me on Stack Overflow(searching for help everywhere). My build does have a few warnings during compiling of some .c files, but no errors. And in the end i get the .SO file. In fact here is a link to the end result
    http://rapidshare.com/files/43651789...d22-mod_php.so

ALl you need is pamp from sourceforge and replace with this .SO file

EDIT:
    After adding this ""-"c:\resource\ErrRd" to the pkg file and trying to install the sis file i get "Update error"(i get this error even if the application is not installed)
    Last edited by farmdve; 2010-12-12 at 18:54.

Quote Originally Posted by farmdve View Post
    I ran "Configure environment for WINSCW command line" and it configured the environment, but upon invoking "abld build winscw" i get

Code:
      make -r  -f "\Symbian\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1_2\EPOC32\BUILD\pamp2\php-5.2.2\symbian\group\WINSCW.make" MAKEFILE VERBOSE=-s
    perl -S makmake.pl  -D \pamp2\php-5.2.2\symbian\group\PHP_TSRM WINSCW
    ERROR: Unable to identify a valid CodeWarrior for Symbian OS installation
    the shortcut changes a series of environment variables, so you will have to start a new console window in order to get them working.
    After adding this ""-"c:\resource\ErrRd" to the pkg file and trying to install the sis file i get "Update error"(i get this error even if the application is not installed)
    Yes, because the ErrRd file is installed already, by an other package. And for integrity reasons, a package can not overwrite files installed by other packages, instead the entire installation fails. These marker files should installed separately in order to avoid these conflicts (ErrRd, and there is at least an other one for debugging installation packages).

Regular Contributor

I deleted the errd file. The installation started unlike last time, but when it reached "-"c:\resource\ErrRd" it says "File error"

Deleted (with some high-cap file manager or hacked device) or uninstalled?

Regular Contributor

Well i first deleted it with a file manager, but later uninstalled it as well...same problem "File error"

Regular Contributor

Well i wanted to say, that i was able to compile PAMP for WinSCW, but again Apache does not start in the emulator. MySQL runs as expected.

Regular Contributor

Sorry for bringing back the thread, but i was wondering if Johan Wikman is going to come back here. He has not visited the forums for more than half a year and he is the only on who can help me find the problem of the PHP not running