Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New Metadata Needed: Additional documentation?

When I login to publish.ovi.com, I see a "New Metadata Needed" warning. When I click on the content that needs attention, it goes to an app where the content item has passed (I've already added the Categorization Tags) but the file is still in progress. In that page there is "Provide new metadata" in red. Clicking "fill in here" brings me General Content File Metadata of the current File Revison.

The only thing that is empty is "Additional documentation". But it says about it that "Symbian: Documentation for application functionality and/or Waiver documents, if applicable". So according to my understanding these files are not necessary. The app itself already has all the help files built in.

Have I missed something? Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

Cheers

Re: New Metadata Needed: Additional documentation?

I don't believe that you have missed anything. I have the same warning in the front page. At first it appeared and when I added the categorization tags it disappeared. Now it appeared again. The app is already published game that is now pending due to the new meta data

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jetrix74 View Post
    I don't believe that you have missed anything. I have the same warning in the front page. At first it appeared and when I added the categorization tags it disappeared. Now it appeared again. The app is already published game that is now pending due to the new meta data
    If it was published before, it remains selling even if the content tags are missing!

P.S: I just checked again. And indeed, it looks like some of the tags were lost. Just readd them
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    If it was published before, it remains selling even if the content tags are missing!

P.S: I just checked again. And indeed, it looks like some of the tags were lost. Just readd them
    What tags? Do you mean additional documentation in the General Content File Metadata? Is it really necessary?

Cheers

I am not sure what is happening. I have the same message[s] but it is appearing for the content file's and not the content item.....
    I am sure we will be hearing about whats happening soon...
    Cheers,
    Jon

I have the same problem.

On home page I got: "New metadata needed". It shows that something is missing for my symbian application file (not for the content item, but for app file). When I open file I see that all metadata is filled there, nothing is highlighted with red color. There is only "Additional documentation" filed missing, but I bed it's not really required. So it seems like a bug. Especially since file is "In progress".

But it's really confusing and it caused me to edit file and to resubmit changes, so probably I've lost additional time required to pass QA check.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Sasler View Post
    What tags? Do you mean additional documentation in the General Content File Metadata? Is it really necessary?

Cheers
    Not sure if it is 100% necccessary. But having them makes your content easier to find, so it would be like shooting in your own foot not to add them.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

what is "additional documentation" that is the only item that is empy in my meta data (General Content File Metadata) after adding the categorization and mood tags?

Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    Not sure if it is 100% necccessary. But having them makes your content easier to find, so it would be like shooting in your own foot not to add them.
    Do you mean Categorization Tags? Those I already added last week. Also they are in the content item and to the file. It's now point to the file and the only thing missing there is this "Additional documentation". I don't think that has anything to do with finding apps. I think it's meant for some additional help files. Then again, I could be wrong...

Cheers

My app has went from processing to pending. I guess it is because of "Additional Documentation". Even I am not getting what additional file.

Quote Originally Posted by pavanputhra View Post
    My app has went from processing to pending. I guess it is because of "Additional Documentation". Even I am not getting what additional file.
    I wrote an email to support about this issue, but I haven't received an answer yet.

Hi,

I had an app that displayed and still does display this warning in the File section, but today it has gone from "In Progress" to "Passed" and is now published on the Ovi Store, so I do not think this is a problem to worry about.
    It sounds to me like a problem in the Ovi system that can safely be ignored.
    I have had many of my Files go from "In Progress" to "Pending", I expect this is because the File is going through seperate stages of the QA process, I did email Nokia about why it does this but the answer I received wasn't really specificially about that and I never followed it up.

Hope this helps,

Matt
    www.grovr.co.uk

I just got a reply:

Please be advised that the Ovi Publish tool is experiencing a bug where this "Provide New Metadata" warning is shown even though all the required metadata fields have been provided. We ask you to kindly disregard this message for the time being while the R&D team works on a fix for this issue.
    So everything seems to be OK. No need to edit or add anything.

Cheers

Thumbs down Re: New Metadata Needed: Additional documentation?

Hello there,

Same problem here, i mean "New mata data required" but when i click except "additional documentation" all the fields are filled. i've updated the whole application but still showing the same message.and no reply from support.Ovi..Here is my screen-shot

and then when i click on it shows...

Quote Originally Posted by debasishsahu4u View Post
    Same problem here, i mean "New mata data required" but when i click except "additional documentation" all the fields are filled. i've updated the whole application but still showing the same message.and no reply from support.Ovi.
    As I already pointed out, I got a reply from Ovi Support. According to it, it's a bug and we should simply ignore it.

Cheers