Discussion Board

Map Application using Qt Mobility

I have another thread on this forum on how to use Qt Mobility with Qt Creator, so every input to that would be also appreciated.

But my question on this thread is regarding maps... Has anyone experience on creating map applications with Qt Mobility? And is it possible? For example getting some GeoLocations from different web services and showing those locations on the map?

Google Maps has a good api on creating overlays on the map (on Android at least), is this kind of application possible with Qt Mobility ? And would it run on any current phones (N8 or other Symbian^3 phones) ? It Qt Mobility used in Symbian^3 devices?

Sorry for the questions but I'm trying to decide whether to make my application with Qt or with Android, and I must confess Android seems much more tempting at the moment...

Thank you

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Map Application using Qt Mobility

have you checked the Mobility 1.1.0 already ? it should hav eAPIs for Ovi maps and maps services.

Yes I know that Mobility 1.1.0 has APIs to Maps etc... Problem is that I don't know how to install it to use with Qt Creator and I believe that even the modern Symbian phones do not have Mobility 1.1.0 API? Do they?

Nokia Developer Moderator

the 1.1.0 is more or less technology preview, and AFAIK at this point of time you can not make commercial applicationd with it. thus you would need to install all required parts manually to the test devices, and develop and test the application and start distributing once the technology is ready.