Discussion Board

Red face my new nokia 5800

hey guyz i am happy to be a part of this company forum adn i always used nokia phones lol and the list is long
    some old models black and white and coloured screen
    and then
    n80
    and lasty mew great phone
    okay
    iam here to ask about some things about 5800 its a very good phone btw and i live in ksa
    okay
    1-my phone came with4 gb memory card is that normal or there is some kinda of proplem(the store replaced it)
    2- i got my phone made in finland but one of my friends said that the back sticker on the borad is not well sticked and so i began to look about that i found that people say if ur 7 and 8 digit in the IMEI IS 04 or 0 then ur phone is china really i dont get that
    the package and back of phone and the deivce it self thier 7 and 8 digit is 04
    but how come its written made in finland and i know what is made in finland its written like that not like made in some other place like korea and authrised by nokia finland no its written made in finland
    and btw the serial in the phone and the serial in the back has a diffrence of last 2 or 3 digits is that normal
    3-okay i saw avedio on you tubecan any one eplxian whats that
    [removed url]
    this ui in the video looks the one in n97 of my friend what will happen if i doo that to my phone thx and gratz from ahemd
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2010-12-16 at 22:39.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: my new nokia 5800

According to this article, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMEI#St...are_Version.29, the location code is not part of the IMEI for more than 6 years by now. Your device has been manufactured in Finland, that is why it says so. The number reported by the device should match with the number on the sticker. If they are different, one of them has been tampered with. Probably that is why the sticker is a bit loose.
    Anyway, Forum Nokia is the site for software developers actually. Nokia also operates product-related discussion boards, http://www.nokia.com/discussions
    Hacking the phone firmware is not discussed on official Nokia sites, I have removed that part of your message.

sir thx for ur reply now the sticker on the back and the one one tge package r the same while theone in the phone differs in last three or four digits i paid some extra money to get the finland version its not big deal but i hate to be stolen could u recoomend me any way to make sure about that
    And whar about the 4 gb mc is that normal
    And sorry for that link i just wanted a opinion of some before trying it thx and to hear an answer soon

My Nokia 5233 touch screen doesn't work. So i changed the touch panel, after few it also stopped working, so i switched it off, but luckily when i switched it ON it was working, then after few hours it again stopped working, In Short when i switch it OFF for a day, it starts working for few hours. Can you please help me.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Onkar 5233 View Post
    My Nokia 5233 touch screen doesn't work. So i changed the touch panel, after few it also stopped working, so i switched it off, but luckily when i switched it ON it was working, then after few hours it again stopped working, In Short when i switch it OFF for a day, it starts working for few hours. Can you please help me.
    You should contact Nokia service center for that. Nobody here can help you this forum caters to issues faced by application developers. And also note that for end users query, you need to use the end users forum as already indicated in post #2 too. Here is the link once again http://www.nokia.com/discussions