Discussion Board

Requesting UIDs for Self Signing

Hi

I am trying to publish a free application, which i recently submitted for Review. However QA Process failed reason is as follows:

Content is not signed with a valid signature and a Nokia assigned UID is not found in your SIS file.

I was under the impression that - you can also upload Self-Signed SiS file to Ovi Store.

How can I request Nokia assigned UID? It is a free application for which I don't wish to pay for Express Signing which they have it

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
    My Website: The Cheap Passes (dot) com

Re: Requesting UIDs for Self Signing

Noticed I didn't replace TargetUID in .pro file.
    Looking at the my Ovi Publisher account - i noticed Nokia has assigned my application a AppUID

should I go a head and replace TargetUID in .pro file with the AppUID

This is my first time publishing an application

Thanks
    My Website: The Cheap Passes (dot) com

Quote Originally Posted by ronin1770 View Post
    Hi

I am trying to publish a free application, which i recently submitted for Review. However QA Process failed reason is as follows:

Content is not signed with a valid signature and a Nokia assigned UID is not found in your SIS file.

I was under the impression that - you can also upload Self-Signed SiS file to Ovi Store.

How can I request Nokia assigned UID? It is a free application for which I don't wish to pay for Express Signing which they have it

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Just write an email to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com and request to participate in free Symbian Signing program. They will send you the necessary certificate key/pair and installer.

Cheers

Nokia Developer Moderator

You can not use self-signing with Ovi store. Anyway, if you would use self-signing, you would get the unprotected range UIDs from symbian signed.

For Symbian signed the UIDs must be reserved for the account that is used for signing, thus with Ovi free signing you need to get the UIDs from Ovi, and you must use them. With your own symbian signed applications that you would sign yourself, you would again reserve the UID with your symbian signed account that would be then later used for the signing.

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    You can not use self-signing with Ovi store.
    But Nokia will do the signing for you, so it is okay to submit the unsigned sis to Ovi?

From the Publisher Guide:

"Submit the unsigned .sis file with the provided UID through the Ovi Publish website. We do a QA review, ensuring that the app meets Symbian Signed criteria as well as our own test requirements. If the app passes, we add the Express Signing and publish the app to Ovi Store."

My understanding was that they provide you with the certification/key to allow you to do testing with a signed version - you don't have to use them for submitting anything?

then you need to first apply for the program, and agree for the terms and conditions, and then also use the UIDs provided by the Ovi.

Regular Contributor

Should I add UID (received from Nokia) to *.pro file before Smart Installer process?

the UIDs would be going of course t your own pro file, since you would need to get the application to utilize the UID.