Discussion Board

Wink Qt Workshop at Mexico City

Hi everyone

My name is Miguel López, I'm co-founder of the website Zona Qt, in this site we publish tutorials, news and provide comunity support in spanish language about Qt.

The purpose of this message is to invite you to assist to a Qt for Nokia Smarthphones Workshop that we're planning to start from the ending of this month to the ending of the month of January of 2011 at the Telmex HUB, this place is located at the Mexico City downtown, in Isabel La Católica #58 P.B. Colonia Centro, Delegación Cuauhtémoc, next to Casa Telmex.

In this workshop we plan to cover basic topics of Qt Development and some specific topics about mobile development for Symbian Nokia devices.
    Some of the topics that we are to cover are: Qt Object Model, Signals and Slots, Layout Design, Qt Mobility and Qt Quick.

Most of the content of the workshop will be in spanish language.
    We are going to base the sessions on some learning material provided by Nokia. The Telmex HUB can provide you with a computer (check requirements). There's no cost for this workshop.

If you're interested in participate, please register at http://www.telmexhub.mx and click on the "Quiero Asistir" link, which is located at the bottom of the course description in the webpage http://www.telmexhub.mx/node/2852

This workshop is no related with Nokia in any way, it's being organized independently by the Zona Qt Community (with our best intentions and effort ) this means that there's no guarantee of learning of even realization of the workshop.

Hope you like the idea and that you be able to join us. Cheers.
    Last edited by mkfnx; 2010-12-24 at 07:07.

Super Contributor

Re: Qt Workshop at Mexico City

Hi there, Miguel!

Great to see you have arranged such local community support possibilities there in spanish language.

I am sure it is going to be a cool workshop, hopefully you will get as much participants as possible to join!

(Anyone clicking the "Zona Qt" it is just missing one letter "w", the site is there anyways no problem).

Thank you for your efforts on spreading the word for development in Qt for Nokia devices!

Keep up the good work!

Best Regards,
    Marko
    Last edited by Maveric; 2010-12-24 at 06:34.
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR][I]Marko Lumivuori
    Technical Support
    +358 40 8019330
    [email]marko.lumivuori@nokia.com[/email][/I][/FONT]

Re: Qt Workshop at Mexico City

Hi Marko,

thanks for your words! We're going to work hard to ensure that everything will be ok.

The Zona Qt link is ok now, thanks again!