Discussion Board

Super Contributor

QtWebKit and HTML/CS/JS support

Hi,

after seeing this video which shows how the Qt can be used to render the Sencha Touch HTML/Javascript/CSS content I have tried the example application from Ofi Labs presented in video.

First I have build it with the Qt 4.6.3 against the the Symbian^3 SDK. It runs on N8 and C7-00, but not on XpressMusic 5800, and it was not perfect when comparing to how Sencha Touch content is rendered in iPhone Safari and Android Chrom browsers

I was expecting that it will run much better if I will build it against the Qt 4.7.1, but this was not true. I build it against the S60 5th(S^1) SDK, which is the only officially supported SDK. The result was that rendering was much slower and application crashes quite often on both N8 and C7-00... Any idea why this happens?

I was using the Carbide.C++.

Thanks a lot for any comments
    BR
    STeN

Super Contributor

Re: QtWebKit and HTML/CS/JS support

note that Sencha Touch does not claim that it will support on Nokia devices Yet.

for now you can safe of using jQTouch

Super Contributor

Hi,

1/ Are you sure jQTouch is 100% compatible with QtWebKit or you are talking about some legacy Symbian/S60 web view Avkon component which can be embedded within the application or you are talking about the Nokia browser itself?

2/ Note that jQTouch is anyway owned by Sencha Inc.

3/ I guess the Sencha Touch will not support Nokia until really good WebKit browser will run on those phones, which is not true for S^3 devices, but they might support QtWebKit... But I will ask ST technical support for official statement and update this thread.

Thanks for your answers,
    BR
    STeN

Super Contributor

what ever i have tested.

1. jQTouch works just fine in all Qt devices (v5 and Symbian^3 have not tried on older one)
    2, yes but i think in an effort to add some more modules to Sencha they forgot Nokia devices. [still i think the examples are not made to run on nokia device screen size but will work fine with small modifications]
    3. guess you are you are right. but there is http://jquerymobile.com/ which will support Nokia devices as High Quality (A)

Note: at this time jquerymobile crashes QWebview so only reliable option is jQTouch .
    Last edited by skumar_rao; 2010-12-27 at 18:05.

Super Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for reply:

1/ I will check the jQTouch (I have never tried it).

2/ Sencha Touch is quite strong in UI and hope it will support QtWebView at some point...

3/ I will check the JQuery Mobile as well, but if it crashes the QtWebView, then you are right the jQTouch looks like the only option(

BR
    STeN