Discussion Board

Lightbulb Can we get the source code of the S60 Sample applications provided by Nokia ?

I need the source code of the S60 3rd Edition Positioning Simulation Tool,. Nokia had provided the .sis file. But I need the source code to understand the working logic and use it to develop my own application with a similar functionality.

Re: Can we get the source code of the S60 Sample applications provided by Nokia ?

Nokia did not release source code of Positioning Simulation tool till yet. You can not get source code of Positioning Simulation Tool. May be in future nokia is release source code along with sis file.

Re: Can we get the source code of the S60 Sample applications provided by Nokia ?

I need to know that API used in Positioning Simulator Tool in ourder to develop a similar app,. so how can i find that ?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by vgarunachal View Post
    I need to know that API used in Positioning Simulator Tool in ourder to develop a similar app,. so how can i find that ?
    The SDK documents the location/positioning APIs. The documentation is available online, too: http://library.forum.nokia.com/

See also the location articles in the wiki: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ation_Articles

Unhappy Re: Can we get the source code of the S60 Sample applications provided by Nokia ?

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    The SDK documents the location/positioning APIs. The documentation is available online, too: http://library.forum.nokia.com/

See also the location articles in the wiki: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ation_Articles
    Thank you,. but the links that you provided contains info only on how to get GPS data,. what i need is to set GPS data,. to simulate GPS. All i need is a sample code to set fake GPS data,. i.e to simulate GPS.

I'd really appreciate some info on setting GPS data.

Nokia Developer Moderator

You could maybe check the symbian sources and see how new position modules can be made. Anyway, as there is a tool available already, what would be the point of making a new one doing the same thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    You could maybe check the symbian sources and see how new position modules can be made. Anyway, as there is a tool available already, what would be the point of making a new one doing the same thing ?
    I've chked Symbian Source, still couldn't find anything worth enough. I'm not trying to make a similar tool,. i just want to know how to set/simulate GPS data,. so that instead of preparing an NMEA file for each location, choosing the file, and then trying it with the application that i am developing,.. il just have it as a module in my app where il hav a drop down box to choose my location to simulate GPS.

If you are aware of the Location API to set GPS, let me know.
    Last edited by vgarunachal; 2011-01-03 at 07:49. Reason: typo

Nokia Developer Moderator

I'm knowing any excat API, anyway, I'm nearly sure there should be soemthing that you can use inside the symbian sources, though, as it is your project you have to do your own research. Or try using the paid technical support.