Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Broken N8 winning device

Hello,

I have tried to get response to my problem from PublishToOVI.Support@nokia.com for last 8 weeks. It seems that they don't answer me so I decided to ask help here.

My company won a N8 from Nokia competition. I received the device and used it around 3 week before it went broke. I didn't harm the device. It just stopped working. Device doesn't start up anymore even I have recharged the battery.

I made a call to Nokia care. They cannot repair the device because I don't have receipt. They asked me to contact Forum Nokia and ask some agreement that the device can be repaired with no cost in Nokia repairing service. Could someone contact me so that I can deliver device IMEI and you can send me agreement? Thank you.

I appreciate fast response, because Calling Innovator's deadline is near and we must test our new application in real device before submitting.

Regards,
    FoL

Regular Contributor

Re: Broken N8 winning device

Anyone?

-FoL

Super Contributor

You really should not need a receipt (proof of purchase) for Nokia to repair a device under warranty. And as the N8 has not been on the market but 3-4 months now, it should be under warranty in every region (and the repair center should be able to by the IMEI number verify with Nokia when the device was manufactured).

The only issue for this might be, that if you are outside the EU, and the device is originally manufactured for EU, then the warranty only applies within EU. Or if the device was manufactured for, say, Hong Kong, then the warranty applies only in Hong Kong. Etc.

Which Nokia competition did you win the phone from, and which country?

Regular Contributor

Hello,

I am from Finland and device was originally posted from Sweden. I will call to local repair center and see if they can help me.

Nokia did have a competition where every application owner won N8, if their application was downloaded over 5 000 times.

Regards,
    FoL

Super Contributor

my experience (as a Champion thus I have received a device from Nokia) is that there is simply NO warranty on the devices...
    it's written somewhere in the agreement when you accept such a device...
    Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support. All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

I apologize I was on vacation when this was originally posted and missed it yesterday.

We normally exchange the device if they don't work correctly. Write me a personal note with the informtion on how you won, (what contest etc. ) and I'll see what I can do for you.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by forceoflight View Post
    Hello,

I have tried to get response to my problem from PublishToOVI.Support@nokia.com for last 8 weeks. It seems that they don't answer me so I decided to ask help here.

My company won a N8 from Nokia competition. I received the device and used it around 3 week before it went broke. I didn't harm the device. It just stopped working. Device doesn't start up anymore even I have recharged the battery.

I made a call to Nokia care. They cannot repair the device because I don't have receipt. They asked me to contact Forum Nokia and ask some agreement that the device can be repaired with no cost in Nokia repairing service. Could someone contact me so that I can deliver device IMEI and you can send me agreement? Thank you.

I appreciate fast response, because Calling Innovator's deadline is near and we must test our new application in real device before submitting.

Regards,
    FoL

Super Contributor

On a similar note: I am still waiting for the N8 due to the Calling all Innovators submission call!

Cheers, nice vacation!
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog