Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

Apps pull down from OVI

Hi,
    I have uploaded three apps to OVI on last Sept, 2010. On mid Dec,2010 OVI add a new category and cause of that they pull down my apps from OVI. So I complete the form and submit it again. But its been more than 15days it says the QA testing is pending. Normally it takes 6-8 working days.

Please suggest me what should I do.

Re: Apps pull down from OVI

Wait

I didn't know that they removed app's or games from Ovi because of the new category thing. You could mail Ovi and make sure that that was the reason.

I would assume you had a Qt app that had to be resubmitted to the new Qt section?
    Welcome to Ovi!
    In my experience with the same situation, it took almost 2 months and numerous emails to PublishToOvi.Support@nokia.com .
    Try sending a PM to OviJude here on FN too. He seemed to be able to make things happen for me...
    Good Luck!
    Jon

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Heron View Post
    I would assume you had a Qt app that had to be resubmitted to the new Qt section?
    Welcome to Ovi!
    In my experience with the same situation, it took almost 2 months and numerous emails to PublishToOvi.Support@nokia.com .
    Try sending a PM to OviJude here on FN too. He seemed to be able to make things happen for me...
    Good Luck!
    Jon
    My app is Symbian C++ app and it was there in the OVI. On dec-2010 new category (Multimedia, Games, Utility, ect) has been added and cause of that my apps were pull down. I resubmited it again, but still pending.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by somnathbanik View Post
    My app is Symbian C++ app and it was there in the OVI. On dec-2010 new category (Multimedia, Games, Utility, ect) has been added and cause of that my apps were pull down. I resubmited it again, but still pending.
    Like already mentioned in the thread, you should try contacting the ovi support team (Jon heron had couple of suggestions there already)

Regular Contributor

Content that was published before the new added category (December 2010) are not affected, at least that is what OVI has been saying to publishers. So it may have been removed for another reason. I haven't seen any of my products removed.

I think it makes sense, what if all the content currently on OVI that was published before the last OVI release had to be resubmitted, QA could never cope with that!