Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: N8-00 Ovi Store not installable after HardReset (because of missing Smart Install

Not related really, that bug was originally reported by a user (developer?) who attempted to install a SIS file which was not intended for use on a Symbian^3 phone.The later comment describes the procedure described here alrady, except that it is using the wrong version of Qt Mobility.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Re: N8-00 Ovi Store not installable after HardReset (because of missing Smart Install

Hi, I would like to inform you all that i have resolved the issue as Navifirm is providing the firmware for Nokia N8 which has 2 files missing and if u flash ur handset by clicking on continue, then u will loose all the data and ovi store too. What i did was to locate that missing file on the internet and then copying it to the location of the firmware, then flashed my handset.

I got Ovi store pre installed in my Nokia N8.. It just took 10 min to flash using Phoenix.

If anyone wants then i can post the file here for the help…
    Thanks

Hi,

Can you please post those files, I have struggling with this issue for sometime, no forums, blogs has any solution, and as usual Nokia is sleeping.

Thanks.

If you perform a hard reset on your Symbian^3 phone (not recommended) then in order to restore Qt and Ovi Store to the device all you have to do is go to phone's "SW Update" application and search for available updates. On of the things offered will be a 15MB "Ovi Store" package. Install that one and you are back on track.

If this does not work for you, contact Nokia Care or the nearest official service point where your device can be fully re-flashed.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thanks for the reply ltomuta.

Below mentioned option did not work. BTW, I did not perform hard reset, I just did a phone restore option from menu.

Nokia care wants me to send the device and it would take a month to get it back which I don't feel as a good option. This is really frustrating since even after so many people having this problem, Nokia is not ready to release a feasible solution.

Sorry, I cannot help. Get in touch with Care and try to get the files from them instead of sending the device over.
    -- Lucian

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Sorry, I cannot help. Get in touch with Care and try to get the files from them instead of sending the device over.
    ive got a n8 had same probs just went to nokia beta labs downloaded there beta ovi store placed file in installs file on phone then installed jobs a good un lol
    hope this helps someone????

Quote Originally Posted by neal gregory View Post
    ive got a n8 had same probs just went to nokia beta labs downloaded there beta ovi store placed file in installs file on phone then installed jobs a good un lol
    hope this helps someone????
    Its likely that the problem has been solved with latest firmwares already, so no need to go to betalabs..