Discussion Board

Video surveillance application with motion detection and 3G/Bluetooth connectivity

Hello.
    With the happy new year wishes, I come to make public the video surveillance (with motion detection) application/service I've been working for in the last year.
    The photo/video information is uploaded on a server and is displayed very conveniently immediately or later. The phone application can be controlled remotely via Internet. Also, the application can track if wanted GPS, GSM cell IDs.
    You can download the application and find more information here: http://mobile-revival.110mb.com/ReVival/.
    Please note I am offering a very easy to use API that allows the creation of a new motion detection algorithms (see the Features section of the website). With my motion detection algorithm I am able to obtain a speed of more than 2 frames per second at a resolution of 160x120 on a Nokia N95 (uploading the photos on the server makes it slower, but I am currently working on improving this). Clearly one can relatively easily improve the execution time and accuracy of the algorithm.
    I am waiting for your feedback and ideas.
    Best regards.

Re: Video surveillance application with motion detection and 3G/Bluetooth connectivit

Try Camera Motion Estimation Library. It has bindings for pys60.

Re: Video surveillance application with motion detection and 3G/Bluetooth connectivit

Hi.
    Thanks for the pointer.
    I already found NokiaaCV, and in the last days I am trying to understand the algorithms for Motion Estimation and Optical Flow.
    Is anybody interesed in helping with these algorithms? I can port NokiaCV to PyS60 2.0 and integrate it with my iCam application for simpler use.

Hi!
    I looked demo and installed your application (I don't try how it works. Maby tomorrow). I don't think that building python runtime into package with application is good. Better store it separate.

Hi.
    I built NokiaCV python modules for PyS60 2.0. You can find here more info: https://projects.forum.nokia.com/pysymbian/wiki/NokiaCv.
    I have also used OpenCV a bit.
    Best regards.

Hi.
    A new version of iCam is available for download.
    The most important new feature is the fact iCam uploads media (marked as private normally) to YouTube and Picasa, in your account.
    You can download iCam at http://mobile-revival.110mb.com/ReVival/.
    On the site you can also find a sister desktop application, iCam Viewer, that displays the recorded video (and performs video analysis, etc) uploaded by the phone, written in Qt (PySide).
    Please note that I have developed also a version of iCam for Android phones and also I have partially working versions for Windows Mobile and iOS.

I would be happy if iCam raises your interest and would motivate you to contribute improving it.

Best regards.