Discussion Board

Please help me to publish my first QT App

Hi,

Last week I finished my QT App and registered myself on OVI as a publisher. After mailing to them they provided me with the UID, certificate and KEY.
    Now I am facing problem in submitting my QT app to OVI. As directed in the Link http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/ov.../qt-content-qa
    I tried following steps

1. creating and signing my application with the provided UID, certificates and Key
    2. packing the signed application sis in appication_installer.sis and signing it using provided certificate and Key.
    3. submitted the app, (tried with both "Certified Signed" and "Express signing")

Problem I faced, Ovi displays a message - This content file contains invalid metadata!

Another link http://www.forum.nokia.com/Distribut..._signing.xhtml - says

1. submit the unsigned app sis with the provided UID and get the signed sis after some days
    2. Package the received signed sis with app_installer and submit the unsigned app_installer for signing again. (express signing this time).

Please tell me what shall I do to get my app published. I lost my faith in OVI support, they are not replying. And please also tell what type of Symbian Signed Type("Certified Signed" or "Express signing") shall i select while submitting the sis.

Thanks in advance
    Mrinal

Re: Please help me to publish my first QT App

Hi Mrinal,

forget the second link you have done everything right if you followed the three steps you mentioned. For "Symbian signed type" you can select "NONE" or the forth option "Symbian signed for Nokia" either works. Use either one in case you are taking part to this "Nokia signing for free" -thing

What it comes to the "This content file contains invalid metadata!" -message, it is a bug in Nokias intake system. The error message is displayed even when you have all the needed metadata.

Hi Jetrix,

Thanks a lot for your precious help. I have submitted the application following the steps mentioned in the first link, with "Symbian Signing for Nokia" option. Hope that my app will be published soon (within 8-10 working days as they mention). Will update here once it is published successfully.

Thanks again,
    Mrinal

My pleasure.

Hopefully everything goes well. When I submitted my first game I missed the "Vendor name" completely from the pro file, but corrected it before the QA-process started Now my first game is published so it's easier to wait since I know that everything should be in place.

Hi Jetrix,

After how many days of submission your application got published. For me it is 15 days and still no progress :-( . At least they should have told if my content is not proper. I mailed to ovi support too, but as usual no response.

Thanks
    Mrinal
    Nature is the best Architect and Humans are one of "HER" best creation. . .

Finally my App got published after 20 days.

Congrats!

P.S. Sorry, I missed the question you asked a week a go. Mine took little longer than 20 days but the time it takes depends on lot of thing (how many devices, platforms, how complex the app/game is, etc.)

Thanks, not a problem :-)