Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

No visual display for videos in flv container with H264 transcode for Symbian 5th Ed

Hi,

I have a flash lite 3.1 app which plays video through progressive download (http) streaming. While the netstream object works well and I can watch videos along with audios on most of the Symbian 60 3rd Edition FP 1 and FP 2 devices, the Symbian 60 5th edition does not display the visual, although I do see the duration being fetched correctly. I do not have a real device and have observed this on the nokia remote access device. The same app when also used on the latest Symbian ^ 3 handsets with the remote access played the video (although I am not sure of the audio, since it cannot be heard with the remote access devices). Why should there be such a problem?

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: No visual display for videos in flv container with H264 transcode for Symbian 5th

Ciao,

FL3.1 is not supported by Symbian 60 3rd Edition FP 1 and FP 2 devices.
    FL3.1 is support on some 5th Edition devices and firmwares.
    H264 transcode is supported only on FL3.1 and FL4.
    So maybe you are trying to stream video which cannot be decoded correctly.
    A quick test is to put the flv on the device and test it. All 5th and S^3 support flv video playback.

Alessandro

Regular Contributor

Re: No visual display for videos in flv container with H264 transcode for Symbian 5th

Hi,

The flv did work on almost all of the Symbian 60 3rd Edition FP 1 & 2. I am not bothered whether it is a FL 3.1 or a FL 3.0 device, but it essentially should support FL 3.x. The strange thing is the transcoding is as required by the netstream object in flv. What are the transcoding variables for the 5th edition devices? How does it work on the recent Symbian ^ 3 devices (the C6-01, E7-00, N8-00, C7-00) and even on the X5-01.

Regards,
    Supriya Tenany