Discussion Board

audio capabilities

hello,

i would like to know the audio capabilities of the 3650. can it play 16bit, 44khz, stereo? could not find this information in the specs.

thank you,

Regular Contributor

I don't think so.

Hi.
    I am no expert however I read someplace that it supports 8khz /8 bit / mono.

Moreover, I belive that I read in this forum that someone tried deferent formats and got an error each time he/she tried a deferent format than the one I just mensioned.

i read in this forum that the 7650 supports 16 khz mono, so the 3650 should at least do that. i also read somewhere that it has stereo, but somewhere else i read it just does mono..
    i really don't understand why this isn't mentioned in the technical specification.

Regular Contributor

Why isn't this information included in the specs...

I totaly agree.
    I am looking for audio information about nokia mobiles and find nothing.

Do you know which mobiles supports using audio files (not midi but recorded audio ...) for ringtones ? , and what format do they use ?

for example, I know that the 7650 and 3650 supports wav files for ringtones ...

Any idea if the 6100 does too ?

audio capabilities

I work for a ringtone company and we are just starting to venture out on audio ringtones. The 3650 does take any format of wav, 44.1k - 8k,16 bit - 8 bit, etc. played fine, no prob. We got the extended memory 128 mb chip and had over 200 ringtones on his phone,( it took 5 min's to open the audio folder on the phone). Anyway, it does also play .amr, and mp3 as well, best phone for audio that i've seen, also samsung s 105.

Joelseph, sounds like you have been working with audio on the 3650. Of all the codecs and bitrates you have worked with, can you tell us what sounds the best and what are the suggested bitrates, sampling rates and frequencies? Also, if each codec has its problems, which sounds best with music? I think a lot of people HATE real because of how it takes over your system, sadly, so far Real looks the best with video...