Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Exclamation How to detect files while uninstalling an application

HI..
    My need is I have an application running in my mobile and some unnecessary files(eg .txt) in " C" drive. while uninstalling that application I need to detect the files and delete those unnecessary files in "C" drive in mobile. Could any body give me an idea how to do it.
    Thanks & Best Regards
    Srinivas

Re: How to detect files while uninstalling an application

If the files don't need to be read by anyone else then put them in your application's private directory (which is the default deployment location anyway) and they will automatically be deleted when the app is uninstalled.

If you need to create them dynamically and store them somewhere public, so that detecting and deleting them is actually necessary, then you can create an executable that runs at uninstall time and does the task - that'll need some delving into Symbian pkg file syntax but it's all there in the docs.

Mark

Regular Contributor

Thanks for your response. I need to remove the files stored in some where public. I read the docs Im using RR while running my application.. actually I got an example from the fallowing site. I run it for deleting files when its got uninstall.. but The files are getting deleted while running the application not while uninstalling it. I need to remove the unwanted files while uninstalling only.help me out plz..please see the link for eg.." http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/Password_Protected_Symbian_application_uninstall"........... And in AppUi.cpp instead of calling pasward class I am using the code bellow to delete files................
    _LIT(KDeleteFile,"c:\data\TrapRecordedFiles\+912030240156-12-02-2010 14-33.wav");
    CEikonEnv::Static()->FsSession().Delete(KDeleteFile);
    And the pkg file im using
    "$(EPOCROOT)Epoc32\release\$(PLATFORM)\$(TARGET)\UninstalDemo.exe" -"!:\sys\bin\UninstalDemo.exe",RR,RW

But .. if I use this, its deletes files while running app... not when uninstalling the app..guide me plz..
    Thanks & Best Regards
    Srinivas

If you use RR and don't start this executable yourself from anywhere then it will not run while your app is running. It looks like you've found the right thing to do but made a mistake in the implementation somewhere.