Discussion Board

Question How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

Hello!

I've just finished my first Qt app and now I am trying to publish it. On Jan 5th I've send an e-mail to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com with all required information, including a scan of a signed agreement. The signed agreement appeared in my Ovi publisher account on the next day so it is obvious the e-mail message was received and processed. However I have not received publisher UID or developer certificates yet. Is this normal, and if it is not, how to proceed?

Thank you

Super Contributor

Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

The 6th is a religious holiday for many countries. So I would wait till next Tuesday...

P.S. Dont feel bad. I today called a friend and she was angry as she told me it was saturday and she wanted to sleep long. If you work entrepreneural, there is no holiday as I say
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Quote Originally Posted by da32x View Post
    Hello!

I've just finished my first Qt app and now I am trying to publish it. On Jan 5th I've send an e-mail to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com with all required information, including a scan of a signed agreement. The signed agreement appeared in my Ovi publisher account on the next day so it is obvious the e-mail message was received and processed. However I have not received publisher UID or developer certificates yet. Is this normal, and if it is not, how to proceed?

Thank you
    Hi da32x,
    did you received UID and certificates? I'm exactly in your situation as at beginning of this year i sent infos to Nokia support, but i didn't get any answer yet. Also, i didn't send a scan of a signed agreement, where did you find that requirement?
    Thanks
    Simone

Unfortunately there is no progress in my case. As for the agreement - it is a about 5-6 page PDF file, there is a link somewhere in the ovi publisher account (in the documentation area, I do not remember exactly where it was).

Quote Originally Posted by da32x View Post
    Unfortunately there is no progress in my case. As for the agreement - it is a about 5-6 page PDF file, there is a link somewhere in the ovi publisher account (in the documentation area, I do not remember exactly where it was).
    I see an agreement but i didn't find it was necessary to print and sign it. Anyway, i hope Nokia release our UID asap as i really want to publish...

Quote Originally Posted by onesim View Post
    I see an agreement but i didn't find it was necessary to print and sign it. Anyway, i hope Nokia release our UID asap as i really want to publish...
    Not before you sign the agreement...

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by onesim View Post
    PRINT IT OUT. SIGN IT. SCAN IT IN. SEND IT TO THEM.

Until you do the four steps above, you will not get an UID3. Sorry, but this is how it is.

P.S: If you REALLY do not want to sign this agreement, there is always the old route of publisher ID and express signed or even a publisher...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    My other blogs:

I'll just mention this as nobody else has: Nokia have updated the T&C to version 1.1. The document is now eight pages long where it was previously six. I received mine on Monday (17th Jan). Presumably the change is slowing things down even more than usual.

Ray

Well, I am happy to report that I finally got my UIDs, key and certificate. As mentioned by rayrandom it appears that the change in Terms and conditions document has slowed things down so hopefully the things will go smoother from now on.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Please give the team 2 business days to respond with the requirements.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    PRINT IT OUT. SIGN IT. SCAN IT IN. SEND IT TO THEM.

Until you do the four steps above, you will not get an UID3. Sorry, but this is how it is.

P.S: If you REALLY do not want to sign this agreement, there is always the old route of publisher ID and express signed or even a publisher...
    Done, and quickly received the uid and certificates I get a bit confused because in the main page of ovi publish account it's not written anywhere to sign T&C, they just say to send the publish login and imei numbers.
    Only after navigating in forum.nokia i found the link to the T&C to print, but not on ovi publish.

What do you mean exactly with "old route" methods?

Super Contributor

Hi,
    by old route, we mean classic Symbian Signed!

This costs 200 USD to start, and 20 to 40 per app.
    My other blogs: