×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    34

    Question How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    Hello!

    I've just finished my first Qt app and now I am trying to publish it. On Jan 5th I've send an e-mail to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com with all required information, including a scan of a signed agreement. The signed agreement appeared in my Ovi publisher account on the next day so it is obvious the e-mail message was received and processed. However I have not received publisher UID or developer certificates yet. Is this normal, and if it is not, how to proceed?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,020

    Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    The 6th is a religious holiday for many countries. So I would wait till next Tuesday...

    P.S. Dont feel bad. I today called a friend and she was angry as she told me it was saturday and she wanted to sleep long. If you work entrepreneural, there is no holiday as I say
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    Quote Originally Posted by da32x View Post
    Hello!

    I've just finished my first Qt app and now I am trying to publish it. On Jan 5th I've send an e-mail to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com with all required information, including a scan of a signed agreement. The signed agreement appeared in my Ovi publisher account on the next day so it is obvious the e-mail message was received and processed. However I have not received publisher UID or developer certificates yet. Is this normal, and if it is not, how to proceed?

    Thank you
    Hi da32x,
    did you received UID and certificates? I'm exactly in your situation as at beginning of this year i sent infos to Nokia support, but i didn't get any answer yet. Also, i didn't send a scan of a signed agreement, where did you find that requirement?
    Thanks
    Simone

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    34

    Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    Unfortunately there is no progress in my case. As for the agreement - it is a about 5-6 page PDF file, there is a link somewhere in the ovi publisher account (in the documentation area, I do not remember exactly where it was).

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    Quote Originally Posted by da32x View Post
    Unfortunately there is no progress in my case. As for the agreement - it is a about 5-6 page PDF file, there is a link somewhere in the ovi publisher account (in the documentation area, I do not remember exactly where it was).
    I see an agreement but i didn't find it was necessary to print and sign it. Anyway, i hope Nokia release our UID asap as i really want to publish...

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    256

    Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    Quote Originally Posted by onesim View Post
    I see an agreement but i didn't find it was necessary to print and sign it. Anyway, i hope Nokia release our UID asap as i really want to publish...
    Not before you sign the agreement...

  7. #7
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,020

    Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    Quote Originally Posted by onesim View Post
    I see an agreement but i didn't find it was necessary to print and sign it. Anyway, i hope Nokia release our UID asap as i really want to publish...
    PRINT IT OUT. SIGN IT. SCAN IT IN. SEND IT TO THEM.

    Until you do the four steps above, you will not get an UID3. Sorry, but this is how it is.

    P.S: If you REALLY do not want to sign this agreement, there is always the old route of publisher ID and express signed or even a publisher...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37

    Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    I'll just mention this as nobody else has: Nokia have updated the T&C to version 1.1. The document is now eight pages long where it was previously six. I received mine on Monday (17th Jan). Presumably the change is slowing things down even more than usual.

    Ray

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    34

    Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    Well, I am happy to report that I finally got my UIDs, key and certificate. As mentioned by rayrandom it appears that the change in Terms and conditions document has slowed things down so hopefully the things will go smoother from now on.

  10. #10
    Nokia Developer Expert
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    171

    Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    Hi

    Please give the team 2 business days to respond with the requirements.

    Thank you

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    PRINT IT OUT. SIGN IT. SCAN IT IN. SEND IT TO THEM.

    Until you do the four steps above, you will not get an UID3. Sorry, but this is how it is.

    P.S: If you REALLY do not want to sign this agreement, there is always the old route of publisher ID and express signed or even a publisher...
    Done, and quickly received the uid and certificates I get a bit confused because in the main page of ovi publish account it's not written anywhere to sign T&C, they just say to send the publish login and imei numbers.
    Only after navigating in forum.nokia i found the link to the T&C to print, but not on ovi publish.

    What do you mean exactly with "old route" methods?

  12. #12
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,020

    Re: How long it takes to receive a publisher UID for Ovi free signing?

    Hi,
    by old route, we mean classic Symbian Signed!

    This costs 200 USD to start, and 20 to 40 per app.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Similar Threads

  1. How long it takes to Publish?
    By pippo2010 in forum [Closed] Publishing to Nokia Store
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-11-29, 19:48
  2. How long it takes to receive the QA report?
    By pippo2010 in forum [Closed] Publishing to Nokia Store
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2010-10-15, 09:29
  3. Ovi Store free signing for Jave apps
    By pixsta in forum [Closed] Publishing to Nokia Store
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2010-07-14, 00:07
  4. takes to long to prefetch
    By alperay in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-07-30, 23:17
  5. Conection - how long time it takes?
    By koperak in forum Bluetooth Technology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2002-12-18, 10:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×