Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Comments on OVI related to failed download

I know this is not related to publishing, but more to the user, and also the publisher experience on OVI.

You download a game (or application), download fails. This may happen because of connections problems with the mobile network, no more on OVI than on webpages, in my case it is always temporary. So if download fails, most likely you try again and it works.

Now the issue is: I've noticed that you can write a review after download has failed. Some users are going to be angry, write a comment "Can't download. Cr*p!", and give one star. They may try again later, then it works, they may even love the game, but the damage is done, they will not be able to replace their comment.

I know it's not that terrible, but look at any game, there's a substantial proportion of comments of this type. If indeed download is failing systematically (which I've never experienced on any product), there could be an easy way for the user to let know OVI, but please, do not allow to write comments when the game has not even been installed, and the problem (most likely temporary) has nothing to do with the game. It doesn't help anyone, neither users nor the publisher.

Re: Comments on OVI related to failed download

I have always wondered these "this does not work / does not download" comments. I bet that scares some of the users from downloading that game/app. There shoud be some sort of message on the review page for people not to write such reviews since every game/app is tested.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrix74 View Post
    I have always wondered these "this does not work / does not download" comments. I bet that scares some of the users from downloading that game/app. There shoud be some sort of message on the review page for people not to write such reviews since every game/app is tested.
    No need to complicate the issue. Ovi Store client app should allow posting any reviews only after SUCCESSFUL installation.
    Again, shame on you, developers of the Ovi Store client app

Quote Originally Posted by Damavik View Post
    No need to complicate the issue. Ovi Store client app should allow posting any reviews only after SUCCESSFUL installation.
    Again, shame on you, developers of the Ovi Store client app
    But when there is a problem with users phone... There are users that doesn't understand not to channel their frustration in to the review. I still think a short message would help...