Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

Signing with Publisher ID

Hi,
    I am planing to go for Express signing, and I believe before express signing I need to sign my sis file with key pair.
    here is the command that I followed
    Code:
    signsis My.SIS My.SIS tc.cer tc.key mypassword
    Now tc.cer & tc.key are the certificate and the key that i got from Trustrated Center. Now while exporting the file i got TCTrustCenter.p12 and followed this command tcp12p8 TCTrustCenter.p12 mypassword tc.key tc.cer to make the key and cer file.
    Now while signing the sis file before express singing i followed this command
    signsis My.SIS My.SIS tc.cer tc.key mypassword. In this command even if I dont use the mypassword it sign the sis file.
    Can I use the sis file for express signing that is created with out the PID password (mypassword)?

Please suggest me.
    Last edited by somnathbanik; 2011-01-12 at 12:18. Reason: ad

Re: Signing with Publisher ID

Yes, You can signed your sis file without password..... You will need apply command
    signsis My.SIS My.SISX tc.cer tc.key after that Rename your My.SISX file with my.SIS extension and submit for express sign....

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by kis_spn View Post
    Yes, You can signed your sis file without password..... You will need apply command
    signsis My.SIS My.SISX tc.cer tc.key after that Rename your My.SISX file with my.SIS extension and submit for express sign....
    I see, but if I sign the sis file with the password and the rename the sisx file to sis file can I submit the sis file for express signing also, or this process is only followed if we don't use the passowrd?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Btw, you can use the target filename as mysis.sis in signsis to avoid renaming.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Btw, you can use the target filename as mysis.sis in signsis to avoid renaming.
    If I do this it doesn't create a new sis file rather it over writes the same sis file, i mean after signing i will have only one sis file.
    and do you have any idea about my post #3

Nokia Developer Moderator

That password is the password for your p12 file, and tcp12p8 used it. You can check it, it is a simple .bat file, you will see that it uses -passin for the password, and openssl pkcs12 help will tell
    Quote Originally Posted by help page
    -passin p input file pass phrase source
    So signsis My.SIS My.SIS tc.cer tc.key mypassword simply ignores mypassword, because tc.key is not password protected.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    That password is the password for your p12 file, and tcp12p8 used it. You can check it, it is a simple .bat file, you will see that it uses -passin for the password, and openssl pkcs12 help will tellSo signsis My.SIS My.SIS tc.cer tc.key mypassword simply ignores mypassword, because tc.key is not password protected.
    yes this is the answer i was looking for. Thank you all.
    but in this link http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...bian_Signed%29 it is mentioned that we need to use the password for signing
    Code:
    signsis My.SIS My.SIS tc.cer tc.key mypassword
    Last edited by somnathbanik; 2011-01-13 at 12:31. Reason: added