Discussion Board

Thread: Streaming issue

Streaming issue

I'm having an issue streaming voice from a flash compatible media server (I've tried both Wowza and FMS) server, to a flash lite (3.1) application on certain Nokia devices.

I'm basically using Adobe's Flash Media Encoder, speaking into a microphone, and trying to have the flash lite application pick up and play that stream.

It works fine in the emulator.
    It works fine as a full flash application on my pc.
    It works fine on the Nokia n97mini

On the x6 and the 5800 XpressMusic the stream plays for about 5 seconds and then just stops. I get no feedback from the NetConnection or NetStream object. The emulator doesn't seem to indicate that I'm approaching a memory limit or something. I can also stream a prerecorded sound file to these devices without issue - it's just live voice that seems to be a problem.

If anyone has experienced this in the past or can direct me to some information on how to debug this I'd really appreciate it.

Re: Streaming issue

Some additional info:

- The difference between the phones appears to be that the n97 mini is running Flash Lite 3.0 while the x6 and the 5800 XpressMusic are running Flash Lite 3.1 (would be a bit better the other way around :-( ).

- the only attribute of the stream that seems to update is the NetStream.time property which (obviously) stops updating when the stream stops playing.

- I have put in a few hacks to detect when the NetStream.time property stops updating and then restart the stream, this does allow the stream to play again with significant (and constant) pauses and is not an acceptable workaround.

Any info whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.