Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

QWebView + Key Navigation + Non-touch Symbian phones

Hello All,

We have a Qt application being developed for S60 5th ed, 3rd ed and S^3 phones, the problem is in the customized browser that we have for non-touch phones.

Here goes the problem - There's a default cursor using which I can click on links n other editable areas, I've removed it and tried enabling the link activation through navigation keys (up, down, right n left arrows keys) using setNavigationMode(), setFocusPolicy() etc., so that the next clickable link is highlighted, but doesn't happen so, there's no effect of these statements at all.

Its a pain to use cursor for everything: moving the scroll bars, clicking on a link that's a meter away from this cursor &...
    I went through few similar threads here, but couldn't find any clear solution. What have I missed to add in the code?

Regular Contributor

Re: QWebView + Key Navigation + Non-touch Symbian phones

Webkit contains code for spatial navigation but this isn't enabled by default in QtWebkit. Look for QWebsettings SpatialNavigationEnabled.
    Haven't tried it in action but I'd assume you least need to map the keys to be used for navigation and get rid of that cursor.
    QtWebkit 2.1 contains bug fixes to the navigation so I'm not sure in what condition it is in Qt 4.6.3.
    edit:
    Yeah you need to implement the keys or wait for QtWebkit2.1 http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTWEBKIT-271

Regular Contributor

Oh thats cool, finally there's some conclusion to this query.. Will implement the keys till I catch hold of QtWebkit2.1.
    Thanks jakoskin, you are always there for the rescue

Hi!

could you give me some clues about how to achieve this? I am trying to make my app work in e71 but the only thing I can make in the web view is scrolling.

I have tried to add a cursor but it doesn't show anything with the next line:

Code:
     webView->setCursor (Qt::ArrowCursor);
    Am I missing something? Thank you very much!