Discussion Board

QMediaPlayer is playing only the first time I open the application and not for furthe

I 'm trying to solve the following problem long time ago, but in vain. Here you are what happens:
    I 'm working on an app that displays a video using QMediaPlayer, QVideoWidget and QMediaPlaylist. The media player plays videos stored at the directory "." and videos format is 3gp.
    one or more videos are added to the playlist and I set the playback mode to QMediaPlaylist::Loop to loop over these videos infinitely.
    After I reboot the system, the videos run properly with no problems, but as I close the application and runs it again, the videos do not run!!! and any further launches of the application do not play the videos.

Remark that as I install the application on the C drive of the Nokia N8, it works OK, but as I install it on the mass storage E drive the problem occurs.

Is this a problem with the media player deallocation or the media object deallocation although I do deallocate the object in the destructor of the parent class (delete videoPlayer).

am I missing something or the QMediaPlayer class is buggy such that it runs the video sometimes and sometimes not???!!!

I 'm using Qt 4.6.3 on windows 7.
    Last edited by ghanemabdo; 2011-01-13 at 16:19.

Re: QMediaPlayer is playing only the first time I open the application and not for fu

I have the same problem here! did you find any solution?

Re: QMediaPlayer is playing only the first time I open the application and not for fu

Hi

In the destructor please add:

player->stop();
    delete videoWidget;
    delete player;

-halderp

I already do that, but the problem still exists.

If you reboot the phone does it work again?

Have you tried changing the path from "." to QDir::currentPath()?