Discussion Board

Angry Nokia E5-00 RM-632

I have checked the nokia update site, current phone firmware is 42.007. I checked and found there is 42.021 avail. I ran the Nokia Software updater and it says my phone has the latest updated software. How can I update firmware on my phone?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nokia E5-00 RM-632

Quote Originally Posted by rup23 View Post
    I have checked the nokia update site, current phone firmware is 42.007. I checked and found there is 42.021 avail. I ran the Nokia Software updater and it says my phone has the latest updated software. How can I update firmware on my phone?
    Hi,

This discussion board caters to issues faced by 3rd party application developers. For end users issues and peer support please post your query in http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Good Luck!!

Nokia Developer Champion

Note that the same firmware version may not be available for all countries/regions (all language variants), and especially not for all operator/carrier customized variants (often operators skip firmware versions, and in the first case they only approve one, whatever is on the devices they buy initially - i.e., it costs money for the operator to have new firmware versions tested/approved and they're not always willing to do so). The Nokia Software Updater checks the, so called, product code in the device to determine whether a new firmware package is available for the model, or not.

Hi, I bought the phone in India, its not branded by the carrier service I use abroad.. is the firmware not relased in India.

Do not worry about "europe" in the link from Neil, it will bring you to the same discussion board as http://discussions.nokia-asia.com or http://www.nokia.com/discussions would.

Hi, I just got an update for the phone, but the delima is that I start the update process. As warning message says software updater warns that I might get message that phone disconnected but that's normal. So I left the phone connected for hours now and still that message is on the screen and nothing is happening. why wont the update complete.. thx for the much help..

Hi,

Please consider the above suggestions..this Discussion board is for 3rd party application developers support. End users forum and perr support is as mentioned in the above links by Wizard and me