Discussion Board

Question S60 + Java + Accelerometer?

I am developing an application for my Nokia 5230 (Nuron) and I am having some trouble with getting the accelerometer data. I have searched and searched for hours, trying a lot of different code, but they all need:

import javax.microedition.sensor.Data;
    import javax.microedition.sensor.DataListener;
    import javax.microedition.sensor.SensorConnection;
    import javax.microedition.sensor.SensorInfo;
    import javax.microedition.sensor.SensorManager;

http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...047d4c04d.html I found this, and took the sensor out of it and loaded it as a library in my MIDlet but now I get the error : Error preverifying class com.sun.midp.io.j2me.push.PushRegistryImpl
    java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/midp/security/ImplicitlyTrustedClass
    C:\Users\north\Documents\NetBeansProjects\*hiddenforsecurity*\build-impl.xml:470: Preverification failed with error code 1.

Does anyone have any idea on how to do this? I have the S60 sdk installed on my computer, and can do pretty much everything else besides this data. Help is really appreciated!

Re: S60 + Java + Accelerometer?

I just figured out how to do it! Here are the instructions:

download "RI Binary for JSR-256 Mobile Sensor API 1.0" from the Forum Nokia website here.
    unzip the package to a suitable folder.
    In NetBeans, from the menu bar select Tools > Java Platforms > Add platforms > Java ME MIDP Platform Emulator > Next. After the search click Find More Java ME Platform Folders and choose the folder where the unzipped RI package was saved.
    Select a platform, such as C:\Users\JSR_256_RI_1_0\Nokia_Prototype_SDK_2_0\devices\Prototype_2_0_S60_MIDP_Emulator, and click Next.
    In the Detected Platforms give more descriptive name to the platform, if required, then click Finish.

Re: S60 + Java + Accelerometer?

Hi. I am new to programming in java for nokia devices and I am trying to write an application for my 5230 that uses data sensors (accelometer). I couldn't run on the phone the sample Labyrinth that came with the platform . Could you please help me with a link or advice? Thanks!