Discussion Board

Application error in E71

Hi,

I'm developing an application using LWUIT .I tested my app in E71 .The app is working fine but with no scenario some error "Application closed suplgateway User 45 " thrown by mobile. I tested the same app in xpress music which doesn't throw any issue like this.Does any one has idea on this issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Sree Harsha.P

Super Contributor

Re: Application error in E71

what is your application doing when it crashes ?

Super Contributor

Could you try to reproduce the same and list the steps and action item when this was arrived?
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Thanks for reply....

@njzk2 The application doesn't have any crash during this error message.Just it is like a dialog thrown by mobile with ok command.After clicking Ok the application is working as usual.

@raj_J2ME Yes the issue is reproducing.But there is no perfect scenario.I'm testing my app using WIFI.and my guess is when the signal fluctuates the issue is reproduced ( This is just a guess.This may not be the perfect scenario).

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by harsha973 View Post
    @raj_J2ME Yes the issue is reproducing.But there is no perfect scenario.I'm testing my app using WIFI.and my guess is when the signal fluctuates the issue is reproduced ( This is just a guess.This may not be the perfect scenario).
    I will appreciate if you could test the same on the GPRS, also testing the same on the emulator can be of much more help if you could test with. as the debugging will be easier.

What are you doing inside the app the moment you got the alert, any approximate idea can help ?
    You can use some sort of logger to get the line by line debugging to find the exact line of issue.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Thanks for reply...

I'll check on GPRS.And the issue doesnt reproduce in emulator.So debugging doent help me.

The alert doesnt come at a single point.And it may or maynot reproduce at the same point.It may come after or before nw connction,in middle of scrolling..etc....

HARSHA

Super Contributor

Is this discussion of some interest?
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Super Contributor

SUPLGateway is related to A-GPS protocol (see http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...lGateway-error ), so i'm guessing you are using the user location and a lot of memory. try to use less memory and less positions.

Quote Originally Posted by raj_J2ME View Post
    Is this discussion of some interest?
    It seems this thread is related to symbian.I'm not aware of symbain and doing my app using LWUIT & J2ME.

Thnks,

Harsha

Quote Originally Posted by njzk2 View Post
    SUPLGateway is related to A-GPS protocol (see http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...lGateway-error ), so i'm guessing you are using the user location and a lot of memory. try to use less memory and less positions.
    Thnks for the above post.

Firstly,I'm using Location based API.I think this is not the issue since the modules which doesnt invoke Location API are also throwing this issue.

Secondly im using a timertask for closing the connection if it lasts longer than 30 sec.If this is a problem what i have to do instead of using timertask to close connection?

Im creating a new object for the screen everytiime i visit , since its my app requirement.And another thing is im mainting a stack on my own to save the previous screen(Form).After once i'm done with that screen i'm removing that screen from stack.

Harsha.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by harsha973 View Post
    Secondly im using a timertask for closing the connection if it lasts longer than 30 sec.If this is a problem what i have to do instead of using timertask to close connection?

Im creating a new object for the screen everytiime i visit , since its my app requirement.And another thing is im mainting a stack on my own to save the previous screen(Form).After once i'm done with that screen i'm removing that screen from stack.

Harsha.
    1. Could you check the code you are using to close the connection?
    Even you can share the same here.

2. Apart from the Timer Task you can use the Java Thread. However I wonder if using the timer task can lead you this kind of critical issue, rather you can try to move towards thread.

3. So could you please explain the exact situation when this "Application closed suplgateway User 45" is thrown by the device.Like you pressed the next, back or what action you took,
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l