Discussion Board

QMediaPlayer fails to play a video with error code -12017 on Symbian^3 (N8)

Hi,

I just have the same issue described here: bugreports in nokia. This is marked as duplicate, but the link they provided for the bug doesn't work.

When using QMediaPlayer class and trying to play a video on a N8, the error code -12017 appears with "player->errorString()", working the audio but not the video. I have tried the same code on a N97, and there, it works fine.

Any suggestion to develop a video player that works with N8? Any solution to this problem?
    Are there any other possibility to pass some arguments to the system player with QDesktopServices, such as seek to a specific position? This feature it's the only reason to develop a media player in my app, and I suppose that this is only possible building my own player.

Thanks in advance.

Re: QMediaPlayer fails to play a video with error code -12017 on Symbian^3 (N8)

noops i do not think so
    [url=http://www.greatbritishbingo.co.uk/new-bingo-sites/]new bingo sites[/url]

Re: QMediaPlayer fails to play a video with error code -12017 on Symbian^3 (N8)

If someone more is having this issue, there is a bug in the N8 graphics driver that if an application crashes while playing video, then the multimedia buffers do not get released so it leaks graphics memory. Only way to reclaim it currently is to reboot the device. It should be fixed for the final release.