Discussion Board

Unhappy requested application access not granted while installing self signed .sisx file

I am just trying to run a simple messaging application which is self signed. But, i am getting the following error on installation of sisx file.

"requested application access not granted"
    on my nokia 5800 XM.

My application is developed in symbian c++. I am new to symbian development and this application is my undergrad. project. I have tried signing it with Open Signed Online but getting following error message:

"FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not in the protected or test range (0xa000017f). Open Signed Online only accepts UIDs from the ranges 0x2xxxxxxx and 0xExxxxxxx. "
    I really can't understand from where i will get uid's within the required range.

Please help...!!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: requested application access not granted while installing self signed .sisx file

Modify the UID to 0xE000017f. Make sure that you replace all occurrences of it in the project (.mmp, _reg.rss, .pkg files, and the method AppDllUid, which returns it).

Re: requested application access not granted while installing self signed .sisx file

Thanks a lot.. your advice worked. The thing which i missed out was that I haven't changed all the occurrences of uid's in my project.

But, i am getting a system error on running my my messaging app. While, the app has been successfully installed.

If you mean that you have the panic codes (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ded_panic_code) enabled, and you get a System error, without a number, it often denotes that the UID in the .mmp file and the UID reported by AppDllUid method are not matching.

Yes, i did that mistake. I overlooked AppDllUid method and haven't changed it's uid. But, now i did it , again build the project and signed it and when i tried to install
    again an error:

Unable to install ! (with a red blinking exclamation mark).

Since some of the UID-s have changed, it may be a good idea to uninstall any previous version from the device. And make sure that you have built your code for a device target (GCCE UDEB/UREL), attempting to install WINSCW files also causes "Unable to install" message.