Discussion Board

Lightbulb Application access permission

Hi, i'm developing a mp3 player in j2me , i want access the mp3 files from memory card, player asks user permission to access the file everytime. I tried to set Application access permission in nokia but that option is disabled , Help me how to enable that option... ASAP

Re: Application access permission

This is something to do with "signing" your application. VERISIGN signature to be obtained. - if im not wrong.

Super Contributor

Re: Application access permission

Quote Originally Posted by selvakumar.nallathambi View Post
    Hi, i'm developing a mp3 player in j2me , i want access the mp3 files from memory card, player asks user permission to access the file everytime. I tried to set Application access permission in nokia but that option is disabled , Help me how to enable that option... ASAP
    Consumer prompts may appear to the user whenever a MIDlet attempts to access a protected or restricted API. These prompts guard the user from actions a MIDlet (not trusted by the Motorola or Operator signing authority) might take that costs the user network airtime or allows the MIDlet access to private information such as the user’s personal phone book or the file system containing photographs and other private content.
    These consumer prompts can be intrusive and break the flow of a MIDlet. Using digital signing (in the correct domain) to trust a MIDlet can remove these prompts and lead to a seamless experience for the consumer.
    However, even a digitally signed MIDlet might provide the consumer with an API access prompt. The experience depends on the domain into which the MIDlet will be installed and trusted (for example, the root certificate against which the MIDlet has been digitally signed) and the API access policy implemented on the handset.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,