Discussion Board

QApp vs. QCoreApp + Symbian active object (can any Nokia/Qt guys take a look?)

I have this issue where an active object from a Symbian library doesn’t call my handler function if I use QCoreApplication but it does when I use QApplication. The problem is that I want to build a console app, I don’t want a UI.

I know that some people from the Qt team read these forums:

* is there any difference between QApplication and QCoreApplication when it comes to setting up specific Symbian stuff suck as the trap handler, active scheduler and so on?
    * can I do what QApplication does extra by hand?
    * The app is a daemon/service. If I must use QApplication, is there a way to hide the app from the task manager? I get this by default with Qt console apps.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: QApp vs. QCoreApp + Symbian active object (can any Nokia/Qt guys take a look?)

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: QApp vs. QCoreApp + Symbian active object (can any Nokia/Qt guys take a look?)

Providing minimal sample application will help to get attention.

I can't provide code, because I am using a private library that I can not publish.

After more debugging it seems that this is not necessarily related to QCore vs QApp Symbian setup. The library won't talk to the app when the app is not in the foreground period. A console app can't be in the foreground by definition, so I am looking for alternatives to using the library now. Thanks for your replies.