Discussion Board

Hybrid View

E72 SIP Incoming calls

Dear All,

in my house i have a small sip registerer to make local calls using SIP connections:
    i have tested it with my N95 using INTERNET TEL, but after i bought E72 i had to use ADVANCED VOIP SETTINGS application andd the problem is:

i am able to make calls but i am not able to receive calls from other subsecribers
    could any one pleasee help me urgently because i supported a contract after testing this feature and now it is not working.

a trace file is attached to the following LINK:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/SXOc9ipi...t_working.html

your cooperation is highly appreciated.
    Sincerly yours,

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: E72 SIP Incoming calls

In the mean time, you found the correct answer. Looking at your log, you face the same issue. Are you still asking?

The ‘Advanced VoIP Settings’ are not the implementation of the Nokia VoIP client. The client is within the firmware. The settings are just a window to see and edit the configuration(s). By the way, there are several other ways to configure the internal Nokia VoIP client. However since Nokia VoIP release 3, you trapped into a bug together with your registrar. Patch it, or go for an older Nokia phone, or go for another VoIP client.

yes unfortinantly i am still asking to solve that pproblem>

in fact i have a tender supported upon testing NOKIA E72 using internet tel...... and after that contract was signed i tryed to test one E72 but i was surprised that there is no onternet tel

right now i am in a big trouble about those phones, so could you tell mme about another SIP Clint that works well with my E72 or could you please tell me which NOKIA to buy in order to activate this SIP Phones without having problems?

Nokia Developer Champion

Does this help? You have to avoid all Symbian phones with Release 3.x. The easiest replacement would be a Nokia E71. However, another option would be talk to your SIP registrar provider and discuss this issue with them. They do not use the contact header which was send by Nokia, did you understand that issue in its core? Another option is to use another registrar which does not show or tunnels a fixed request.