Discussion Board

How to create .SIS file in QT creator?

Hi!

I don't have a phone at hand so i want to create sis file and send it to my friend who has s60 device. Is this possbile in qt creator withour connecting phone to the PC?

Regular Contributor

Re: How to create .SIS file in QT creator?

Yes select symbian device & build. Sis will be created in the project folder. It will be self signed by default. you can change certificate & key in Projects settings.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieFlatline View Post
    Hi!

I don't have a phone at hand so i want to create sis file and send it to my friend who has s60 device. Is this possbile in qt creator withour connecting phone to the PC?
    Same discussion already done Go through below link...
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ith-Qt-Creator

When choosing symbian device, i have 2 options, Debug or relase (http://rapidshare.com/files/443940410/screen.png).
    If i choose debug i get "There is no device plugged in" message.
    If i choose release, i get lots of warnings but my sis file is created. Is this ok?

For device build, You will need to compile in Release mode and It's fine with warning.....

Thank you very much for you fast answers.

Super Contributor

Actually, you can compile in debug mode without starting a debug session. Basically just a matter of saying "build" vs "build & run". Don't know if it takes some special incantation on Creator, though.

I am using Qt 4.7.4; want to create sis file. Though i am in device release mode but i can't create any sis file. I see "Device not Connected" even after connecting the device via usb. On the bottom-left Symbian Device Option it shows" Qt 4.7.4 for Symbian Anna (Qt SDK release)". The icon shows a red cross mark. What i need to do now. I want to create sis file that will run on Symbian 5th edition.

Thank you

Well i could make sis file. Problem was due to a space in the directory path. I changed the project path to a different path. But i tried the sis with Symbian 5th edition where it installed but didn't run. The project is made in qml. SDK 4.7.4. What should i do ?

Regular Contributor

You should probably install Qt 4.7.3 for S60 5th edition from sdk updater tool and use that. Or is there some reason you cannot use that version?

Quote Originally Posted by mikkovtr View Post
    You should probably install Qt 4.7.3 for S60 5th edition from sdk updater tool and use that. Or is there some reason you cannot use that version?
    If i have to install 4.7.3 for 5th edition, then is it going going to run on Symbian^3 and S60 3rd edition ?

Regular Contributor

Actually I don't know, but it's easy to find out.

Nokia Developer Expert

On S60 3rd edition is 4.6.3 is the highest supported Qt version.

Hi.

I came up similar issue.It is not overall problem/bug but in my specific place.There is some problem with creating sis file with Qt SDK and connecting Symbian Anna based device to Windows XP based PC via USB using Nokia OVI Suite yet. I try to fix.

1. The device is Nokia C700 , OS for the device is Symbian Anna
    2. The PC is on Windows XP

a. When I connect the device in Mass Storage mode then I the connection is ok and files could be transfered to device's storage
    b. I installed on PC Nokia Ovi Suite version 2.2.1.23 . When I connect the device to PC and activate at the device Nokia Ovi Suite I observe next message from the Nokia Ovi Suite wizard : "The device is not in PC Suite USB mode. Nokia Ovi suite could not recognize your device..." .
    Does anybody know what is the problem why I can't connect the device to PC in Nokia Ovi Suite mode ?
    c. I installed Qt SDK , made update and I don't see yet QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\ Qt for Symbian Anna.
    Also in Qt Creator in build configuration there is no Qt version for Symbian Anna , should it be there?
    Should it be installed in that folder after update?
    Does anybody know how to build .sis in Qt Creator using Qt SDK for Symbian Anna ?
    d.I can't create .sis files using existing build configuration Qt 4.7.3 for Symbian^3( Qt SDK)
    qmake finishes succes.
    qmake arguments: -r -spec symbian-sbsv2 "CONFIG+=release" ...
    Does anybody know what is the problem ?
    the built is finished successfully with:

target : epoc32\release\armv5\urel\spectrum.exe [arm.v5.urel.gcce4_4_1]
    d:/qt/qtsdk/symbian/tools/gcce4/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/4.4.1/../../../../arm-none-symbianelf/bin/ld.exe: warning: D:/Qt/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt473/epoc32/release/armv5/urel/usrt3_1.lib(ucppinit.o) uses variable-size enums yet the output is to use 32-bit enums; use of enum values across objects may fail

sbs : warnings: 25
    sbs : errors: 0

built 'arm.v5.urel.gcce4_4_1'

Run time 247 seconds

sbs: build log in D:\Qt\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt473\epoc32\build\Makefile.2012-01-20-17-45-17.74-1376.log
    make.exe: Leaving directory `D:/DEVELOPING/TOOLBAR/Beeper/version_18_02_timers/spectrum'

but .sis file wasn't created.

Does anybody know how to fix solve/resolve this issue so I may in the setup create .sis files ?

Thank in advance,

Pavel