Discussion Board

How to use multiple touch in j2me on nokia symbian^3 devices like N8-00 and C7-00?

For example, use left hand to move the character and use right hand to jump.

Super Contributor

Re: How to use multiple touch in j2me on nokia symbian^3 devices like N8-00 and C7-0

Welcome to Forum Nokia!!

I'm afraid the Java API doesn't support multi-touch. You'd need to develop in C++ to get the appropriate events.

Graham.

Re: How to use multiple touch in j2me on nokia symbian^3 devices like N8-00 and C7-0

I am curious to know if there is _any_ way to get the multi-touch going in Java for the N8/Symbian SDK 0.9. Any awful hack involved c++ libraries, calls to undocumented functions, anything. I have a java game that I would like to port to the Ovi store and I am not really considering doing a c++ version of it.

Thats is why all the good coders left symbian. Without support and outdateds apis

Nokia Developer Expert

I am curious to know if there is _any_ way to get the multi-touch going in Java for the N8/Symbian
    You might want to check the Ghosts example as well as the MultiTouchEvents example. Both demonstrate multi touch functionality with Java.

For Nokia N8-00, the most recent SDK release is Symbian Belle SDK 1.0. You can download it from here

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello AndreBotelho,

Quote Originally Posted by skalogir View Post
    You might want to check the Ghosts example as well as the MultiTouchEvents example. Both demonstrate multi touch functionality with Java.
    As related and to complete the good examples as provided by skalogir, you might want to check Java Developer's Library which includes the following guides for Symbian:

Java Developer's Library 3.13 > Developer's guides > UI and graphics > Touch UI > Touch interaction in Symbian

Java Developer's Library 3.13 > Developer's guides > UI and graphics > Touch UI > Touch interaction in Symbian > Multipoint touch

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]