Discussion Board

How to install OpenC on Nokia SDK 1.0.2?

Hello everybody!

Please, help me with my problem. I have installed Nokia SDK 1.0.2 on my computer (under windows XP operating system). I've downloaded OpenC archive from http://bit.ly/openc. I am trying to install it (unpacked, launched setup.exe), but the installer doesn't see any symbian SDKs... I need OpenC because of openSSL (i need to use it on symbian ^3).

Or there is no support on symbian ^3 by OpenC? What should i do then? How to use openSSL under symbian ^3?

Thank you very much for reply!
    Last edited by evgeny_123; 2011-01-27 at 10:49.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to install OpenC on Nokia SDK 1.0.2?

So far you can not install anything to the Symbian^3 SDK, it has built-in everything, Open C, Open C++ and Qt.
    However if you need the separate Open C/C++ examples and documentation, you will have to install one of the supported SDK-s, then install Open C/C++ into that one. The examples and the documentation are going to be located in the nokia_plugin folder created parallel to the epoc32 folder.

Thanks for reply!
    No, i don't need OpenC/C++ examples... But i need OpenSSL library. Are you sure that it is in NokiaQtSDK/Symbian directory? And do you know where i can find it and how it is called?

----
    UPD

Oh, didnt't catch.... Are you talking about "Symbian^3 SDK" or "Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.2"?
    Last edited by evgeny_123; 2011-01-27 at 10:50.

Quote Originally Posted by evgeny_123 View Post
    Are you talking about "Symbian^3 SDK" or "Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.2"?
    I could also ask that from you :-).
    I was talking about the Symbian^3 SDK, and it contains libssl.lib (and libssl.dso).
    However now I understand what you meant on "Nokia SDK 1.0.2", just did not recognize it without the Qt. And no, it does not contain libssl.lib.
    You may want to consider asking this question on the Qt-boards too (http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...lay.php?219-Qt, perhaps in Qt for Symbian or the SDK-s and Tools board).
    It may be possible to simply copy the missing files from a Symbian/S60 SDK, but I do not know for sure.

=) Yeah, sorry... I was talking about Nokia Qt SDK... Just forgot to add "Qt" ((

I've already tried to add missing files from Symbian ^3 SDK (0.9) to Nokia Qt SDK (1.0.2)... And there was no result.... I have the same "undefined symbols" while linking the project.... Ok thanks, i'll try to ask there.

I don't understand why in NokiaQtSDK\Symbian there _is_ header files of OpenSSL, but there is no this library (((((

So is there a way to install OpenC/C++ on my Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.2?

The Nokia Qt SDK was designed with Qt development in mind, and Qt only. To support the build process it does have a Symbian SDK inside (based in fact on the S60 5th Edition SDK, aka Symbian^1) but many of the OS libraries have been stripped down. The Qt SDK v1.1 should have better support at least for the S^3 based SDK core, but I'm not sure if the S^1 one has been updated and thus if it contains the library you need.

As for installing additional APIs in the SDK that should be rather easy (although generally speaking mixing SDK components is not recommended). Make sure to take the content from the S60 5th Edition SDK or from OpenC/C++ 1.6 (that's the version used by Qt 4.6.3). Then add the library to the *.pro, call qmake and verify that the generated MMP does include the corresponding library statement.

To ensure that in the future you don't face the same problems, make sure to create a bug report at http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com and ask for the full OpenC support to be included in the SDK.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite